hi, here is the thing, I bought an used 1 therabyte hdd for the ps3, as the original 120 gigabytes HDD was too little, I formatted it to fat32 cause I read that format is recognized by the ps3, everything was fine, I had 900 gigabytes of free space and the cfw didnt give any trouble.
But I remembered I didnt actually test the hard disk, a way I do is to fill it with compressed files as they are very sensitive to errors, I did it it took my like 6 hours to fill the hard disk and test all the files, I did get one error of cyclic redundancy but it was acceptable.
BUt when I put it back to the ps3, I got the yellow light of death. I thought my ps3 just collapsed. But removing the hdd it booted and gave me the error of no storage device... I went mad why now this HDD doesnt work?
I put my old 12o gigabytes HDD back and the console is working fine but if I put the 1TB HDD I get the yellow lights. And I actually got an error message formatting the HDD to fat32 that I didnt get the first time I did, I tried reformatting it to NTFS and test it on the ps3 and again the yellow lights, I tried a different software to format it to fat32 that didnt give any error message but the ps3 keeps giving me the yellow lights.
The 1TB HDD is still operational to read games from the usb though.... but what happened?