Hi guys,

I've softmodded my wii and have started backing up my Gamecube games using USB Loader GX, and running them using Nintendont. Up until recently, this has been working fine. I've tried searching online but a lot of info for Wii softmods is outdated advice.

Is this the best way of doing it? I'd prefer 100% compatibility with my rips, as I will likely only keep my USB with my Wii and put the discs into storage. I don't mind doing a 1:1 rip, but if it's not required these days then I'd prefer as small as possible. I don't really want to have to get the discs out of storage and re-rip them later on down the track for whatever reason.

The reason I'm asking is because I ran into an issue using Nintendont with my Zelda Collectors edition disc (has OoT and Majoras Mask). When I try to run them, it says the Memory Card is corrupt. I've tried a couple different tricks to get it to work but no cigar. Nintenddont lists 100% compatibility with the disc, so I figure its something that happened during ripping that is causing the issue.

tldr;
What is the best MODERN way of ripping Gamecube games to USB/SD card on a softmod wii?