Hello all,

I know this is old tech, and I know there are plenty of other tutorials and walk-through's out there, and I believe to have tried them all. Posting this is truly a last resort! I am having trouble getting my modchip to work on my PSX. I have a PSX SCPH-9001 model, and I have the PIC12F629 series PIC chip. I have burnt the 12F629 MM3 code to the chip using a "mini pro" TL866CS programmer, said device has never had problems burning a chip, and the chip is listed as compatible with this programmer. I am installing onto a PU-23 style board, and have tried the alternate pin 1 location near the bottom of the board. I have installed it following the many picture schematics available on the web. I don't know where else to turn or what else to try, so if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it!

Here are the symptoms, or more correctly, lack of symptoms. It only boots original game discs. It reads back-ups as an audio CD. I am able to play the game tracks as if you were to have inserted a standard music disc. My system is a US NTSC console. I do not want to play games from other regions, I just want to play my back-ups, that is all. I have installed the chip using 30awg kynar wire, with the exception of the power and ground pins, which are 18awg stranded copper wire. I have attached photos of my install for reference and observation.

I really appreciate any time taken to review my problem, and am truly grateful for anyone who is able to lend a helping hand!

Thanks!

5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg