Really common news. Not even really worth posting a thread over, the story is everywhere.

But I'm kinda raging right now over how utterly incompetent they are. It took them several weeks to disclose the incident, and they've done a piss poor job of that. They never even bothered sending me an email about it, I found out about it by watching the 6 o'clock news last night. That's pretty sad. I went to change my password, the password change deal requires them to send me an email as the first step. I've clicked that 'send email' button about 20 times already and have gotten 0 emails. I'm not even getting my daily search notifications... So I check their help thing, and they give me a phone number. I've tried phoning it a dozen times, and it doesn't even connect... The old options for livechat or to send them an email don't even seem to be present on their site, at least as far as I can find.

Their next help suggestion for account issues is to simply create a new account, it only takes a minute! Great idea eBay, I should just forget about my decade plus old account, with 100% perfect feedback, accurate personal information, that has both it's username and password compromised

I know they're just overwhelmed, but christ, put up a working password change method...