I am interested in any and all games in the 'Metroidvania' category. I recently grabbed one called 'Monster Tale', and I was enjoying it quite a bit. (I'm stuck at a boss...dammit...) Tell me, what OTHER games fit this free-roaming, SNES Metroid sort of set-up?
Also, I very much enjoy the Resident Evil games. I know of 'Deadly Silence', but are there any others? I was going to also ask on my wife's behalf, but she pretty much devours ANYthing. (Pokemon, Kingdom Heart, Layton, Picross, platformers, Golden Sun, etc.etc...) I would very much love to hear about any DS games that are in the vein of THESE:

Resident Evil
Silent Hill
Punch-Out!
Metroid
Castlevania
Creepy stuff
Maniac Mansion
Streets of Rage
3D platformers (Love this one called 'Sphinx' for PS2....its one of her favorites of all time....)
Zelda

.....And any of YOUR recommendations as well, please!

OH, also, if someone with the know-how and a great deal of PATIENCE could message me at some point in regards to the AceKard and soforth, I'd be SUPREMELY grateful! (I have FAR too many questions about the DS emulation process, I'd end up making FAR too many posts.....I'm looking for someone that can walk me through the various steps from locating the games, to transmitting them to the card, arranging things, what is the better set-up for what I'm into, tips and advice, etc etc..)

Thanks a million times over in advance, I am indebted to the emulation gods!

Cheers