Thread: Why are they putting RPG elements in more and more games these days?

Threaded View

Thanks

Well, these elements can be good or bad depending on the surrounding of the game. I consider myself mainly a RPG gamer and if you ask me RPG is for console, and the most ones I played are either on PSX or PS2. I never owned Xbox and don't intent too, not in the near future tho. I heard about trophies implemented in most games played on new consoles and I don't really care about it.

When talking about RPG elements, if it is a core part of the game - like in Deus Ex- HR - it's awesome, and at any level of gaming having some RPG elements is inevitable and good implementation may improve the game. On the other hand, parting from a core game genre because of "grinding" is pointless. If game is FPS with RPG elements its ACTION game and let it be. If it is a pure RPG, implement side quest in a way, that if you don't do any - you'll have hard time beating the game and it won't be as fun. Moderate is fine, but GRIND TIME > GAME BEAT TIME is WRONG.
    My thoughts.

Regards

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Yubson For This Useful Post: