Thread: Gare plays Thief - Deadly Shadows (aka lol dat accent)*

Threaded View

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Gare plays Thief - Deadly Shadows (aka lol dat accent)*

Link to my YT channel: click

INDEED. But before we begin, something semi-important if you're seeing this thread for the first time: if you're wondering why it's just a bunch of videos one after the other (posted on the same day, even), wonder no more. The original thread for this playthrough was created around September, 2010, and took me about a month to finish. Sadly, it was lost/deleted during a forum rollback when our server crashed in December, 2010. So yeah, this is just reconstructed version of the original thread, based on what I could salvage from Google's cache. That's why all the comments are missing, and why the updates were all posted on basically the same day. Anyway, back to the actual game:

So, Thief 3 is an awesome game and all that, but you guys are too lazy to play it yourselves, so I really had no choice but to do this. With some snazzy live commentary, of course.

In this first episode of our dark fantasy thieving extravaganza, we listen to Gare's hilarious* European accent, we look at awesome shadows, we squish rats and molest cats, all while stealing massive amounts of shiny loot. And for some reason the video is a lot darker than it should be. Will have to crank up my brightness/gamma/whatever next time, it seems. Or I dunno. This is my very first attempt at this, so cut me some slack. In the meantime, deal with it.

*It's actually really cute. Chicks dig it, I swear.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Chapter 0 - Opening Cinematic
    Chapter 1 - The Blue Heron Inn
    Chapter 2 - Rutherford Castle
    Chapter 3 - South Quarter
    Chapter 3.5 - Pavelock Prison
    Chapter 4 - Stonemarket
    Chapter 5 - St. Edgar's Church
    Chapter 6 - Pagan Sanctuary
    Chapter 7 - The Keeper Library
    Chapter 8 - The Docks
    Chapter 9 - The Abysmal Gale
    Chapter 10 - The Sunken Citadel
    Chapter 11 - The Overlook Mansion
    Chapter 12 - The Clocktower
    Chapter 13 - Old Quarter
    Chapter 13.5 - Fort Ironwood
    Chapter 14 - The Keeper Compound
    Chapter 15 - Auldale
    Chapter 16 - The Shalebridge Cradle
    Chapter 17 - Gamall's Lair (spoiler) click here to go to the chapter
    Chapter 18 - Wieldstrom Museum
    Chapter 19 - The Final Battle; Epilogue

EXTRAS:

Rutherford Castle Outtake - Gare's a robot.
    South Quarter Outtake - MORE DOTS
    Stonemarket Bonus Footage - Stonemarket bloodbath.
    Clocktower Outtake - Garrett falling to his death - just the usual.

The Blue Heron Inn

Brief introduction:

The actual mission:

And here's the opening cinematic of the game. So you understand what the hell I'm talking about in the video: this was recorded several days after I started this playthrough. Should've done it earlier, but I kinda-sorta forgot about it. The images that flash in now and then during the video are from the previous two games.

Last edited by Gare; 23rd-December-2010 at 13:52.