Thread: Opeth

Threaded View

Thanks

Default Opeth

Anyone listen to them, heard of them, or can play any of their songs? If so, whats your fav. song/album. Ever seen them in concert? When and where?

My friend Luis introduced me to them in my Junior year of high school, a little over 3 years ago. The first song he told me to listen to was either Patterns in the Ivy or The Grand Conjuration, I can't remember which. When I went to download it, I accidentally downloaded Patterns in the Ivy II, which is off the special edition of Blackwater Park, so the first thing I heard was his amazing vocals. I fell in love with Michael's amazing singing voice, and his just as equally amazing death metal growls. I loved how they can switch from acoustic to electric guitar more than once in a song, and how songs aren't the typical 5 minute format, with 3 verses, and 2 repetitions of the chorus.

Fav. songs include, but not limited to:
    The Drapery Falls
    Demon of the Fall
    Patterns in the Ivy I & II
    Death Whispered a Lullaby (which puts me to sleep)
    Benighted
    To Rid the Disease (The first song I learned how to play)
    Ghost of Perdition
    And a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

I have most of the albums downloaded, with a few just missing one or 2 songs, and I've never really listened to any one album start to finish (which I know I should), but my fav would have to be Ghost Reveries, although the most interesting album would have to be Still Life, the whole concept of Melinda and how the entire album revolves around a story.

*EDIT*

In case anyone DOES listen to them, I found a hilarious video about the "Misheard lyrics" of Ghost of Perdition....it made me cry, both out of insult to the wonder of the song, and the hilarity of the 'misheard' lyrics.

Here's the link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FH1OreH6o9c
    Last edited by l337killa07; 23rd-October-2007 at 13:16. Reason: Added Video