Thread: GamePad drivers..?anyone? :(

0o_NightMaRe_o0 Guest

Default GamePad drivers..?anyone? :(

i just recently got a gamepad for a few bucks, so i could play my games with ease, but it came with no drivers, and ive been searching for days to find one. it looks exactly like a psx controller(2 L buttons, 2 R buttons, 4 main buttons, start, select, turbos). If anyone knows where to find a driver with similer parameters, feel free to post. iM gOiN nUtZ hErE!
    Thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

hmmm shouldnt need a driver? just go in gamepads in control panel

serge2k Guest

what kind of controller is it

0o_NightMaRe_o0 Guest

yes it does need a driver cuz all the supported types are only 4button, and when i use those ones only 2 buttons work (YES! i can play NES )

and its some crappy no name one...im a cheap bastard and i cant afford a 30$ gamepad....the brand is AT&T....they make phones...lol ive checked their site...nadda

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Uh, that sux. I'd recommend trying Gravis or Interacts websites, but if its a cheapo no name pad that might not work...

Thanks
    EP Points

Does it plug into the parallel port or what ?? Tell me.

Thanks

I still dont know what the hell kind of controller you have nightmare. But here give this site a look

http://www.circuitcity.com/frame1.js...ftchildcat.jsp

Its just a circuit city link. Which is a retail store in the USA if you didnt know. Just look there for the different types of controllers and which ever one looks like yours. Look in a search engine for that specific game pad drivers.

Thanks

Is it USB or does it plug into the game/midi port?

If it is USB, windows is supposed to recognize it... almost all windows do recognize plug and play devices like the controller...

If it is a gameport controller, well, you will be able to use just 4 of the 8 buttons.
    Check the box which your controller came in...

Or buy a thrustmaster... it has 12 buttons + it's analog... but it includes a mouse and costs $40... yes, US dollars.
    "When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
    - Kabir

I will miss you guys.

Thanks
    EP Points

Driverguide.com is worth a look. You have to register, but it's free and it's well worth it.

Also, it's well worth splashing out and getting a top of the range gamepad. Beleive me, I learnt the hard way. I used to only get cheap gamepads, and they'd break a few months later. I decided to get a mid priced gamepad (about �30 for me) and it's been working fine for over a year, touchwood. Well worth the investment.