Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: neo geo headache. . . . .

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Don't bother with the FBA CPS1/CPS2 or Neogeo cores, just use FBA .

Those are for those specific arcade hardware anyway.

Ever used irc?

I suggest you ask the devs personally , try to be as descriptive as possible.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

i've tried a few other games and they work perfect metal slug, tmnt, shadow dancer, bubble bobble i'm thinking it might just be struggling with some games, i only thought might be a video problem because i saw it mentioned somewhere else i don't know irc?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by nottanutter View Post
    i've tried a few other games and they work perfect metal slug, tmnt, shadow dancer, bubble bobble i'm thinking it might just be struggling with some games, i only thought might be a video problem because i saw it mentioned somewhere else i don't know irc?
    As I learned from experience talking to emu devs some arcade systems even though they are old take alot of computing power like Mortal Combats and Killer Instincts.

Even ones from he 80s can be complicated to emulate and take more CPU power that one might expect.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

yep i know that story lol trying for ages to get things like gti club and star wars trilogy working on mame only to be told you cant have anything that runs in 3D so start playing with other emulators like sega model 2 & supermodel,
    i've just been trying out some other games aliens and turbo outrun are also a bit choppy yet try running aliens on wiimame instead of retroarch it works ok?? apparently wiimame doesn't like subfolders you cant change screen resolution and only has a 150 game limit so doubt i'll use it much

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I suggest you either use a PC or mini PC like the Pi 2 type computers.

Wii ain't really suited for these things.

Lakka is the official libretro/Retroarch OS.

Thanks

The pi might be a new challenge some day, the wii runs nes snes and megadrive emulators flawlessly n64 some titles i've not really tried other emulators yet, and not forgetting it plays wii and gamecube games whether you decide to buy them or just get some on an external drive and plug them in the back . . . . . .

for something you can buy for £22 from cex it aint too bad

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I meant Pi type PCs, http://www.lakka.tv/

Click on Get then click on your OS and you will see a list of Mini PCswith pictures to help you see what I mean, very neat.

Thanks

i've seen work with the pi on a fb mame cabinet building page (future project) little bartop cabinets pretty cool, i've seen some of the stuff the guys do with hyperspin its mind blowing there's a 5tb download of it floating around at the moment just what you wanted 10 different versions of every game ever made lol

https://youtu.be/2cYB5DOP5E4

Thanks

5tb hyperspin setup? link please

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have you tried a Direct FBA port yet also what media are you playing from (CD-R, DVD-R, DVD+R, USB HDD, USB Flash (e.g. a sub stick ect) SD or SDHD) the fastest and smoothest way to play is via a USB HDD

Personally I use my Xbox for emulation (including Arcade emulation) everything else I use the real console (750GB HDD replace) bonus it is one of the few system that can play all Xbox games (I do also own a PSX to Xbox controller converter that I tend to use more than the official Xbox pads that I really don't like as well as a cheap Arcade stick)

Wii I use partly for emulation mostly lightgun games plus a large number of GC and Wii games all stored on a single 2TB USB drive

PS2 to PS4 I just play what those systems actually support, of those it is only the PS2 that is modded via software (Plays Burned DVD's)

Dreamcast does not need modding can play backups anyway, that is one cool console emulation is ok on this little machine though not as good as Wii or Xbox

Saturn I use a basic Action Replay mod or a Swap Trick

N64 I have a flash kit

360 is not modded

3DS XL I use a flash kit for DS and 3DS low level emulation support

PSP soft modded great for PSX and PSP and good for a few low level emulators

PSVita is not modded not that I buy games for it most of the games I have I got free(ish) via PS+
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-September-2015 at 12:36.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

a direct fba port? i stuck all my roms on a 16gb micro sd card that was in my phone could that be a problem? i was considering getting a larger normal sd to slot in but i do have an 8gb flash or 2tb drive i could use instead, i followed the lego game hack on modmii which should allow it to work but i haven't tried it yet,
    other than the wii i've just got my laptop running winape, snes, n64, mame its got nvidia graphics so i'm also playing gta v

hyperspin download in 4 parts i haven't tried it i haven't got room for it lol search on torrents or http://www.robustterdownloads.com/20...yperspin-5-tb/

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Look for a direct FBA port to Wiii instead of it being ran in Retroarch, it may work differently.

Thanks

now its clearer lol found mention of an app called fbagx but no links (i'll search more tomorrow) also found some links to google code a trunk file or something oh i dunno tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow. . . . . . .

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Warrior might be of more help but found several builds of FBA libretro that because of memory limitations of the Wii have split this into several engines instead of one all round engine so there are separate cores for CPS1 CPS2 and Neo-Geo

https://github.com/libretro/fba-libretro

Not sure what this will do for you or even if that is something different from what you have anyway

A USB drive is going to be the best option but you are best having a dedicated drive, SD card is the slowest way for the Wii to read files though, nothing to do with the card itself but more to do with the speed of the card slot, even a basic USB stick is faster though, to be honest I do not think this is the real issue though

I did not find any stand alone emulators either mind just a MAME emulator called MAME Wii v1.0 http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?na...=MAME_Wii_v1.0
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-September-2015 at 08:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

i think the github link is for ps3? after a lot of searching i managed to find a version of mame without a rom limit so that solves the 150 problem just a shame its stuck on a frontend and cant view folders, saw lots of things about a direct port of final burn by cthulhu32 but looks like it was a project that never got finished and just became part of retroarch,
    all in all i think i'll just have to put games that work on either emulator

now i'm going to spend some time downloading gamecube isos i'll come back crying that they don't work later lol