Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: neo geo headache. . . . .

Thanks

Default neo geo headache. . . . .

hey everybody, i downloaded the neo geo romsets from here and cant get any of them to work, i've done the usual put everything in rom folder and add bios files but still having no luck i tried them on nebula, neo rage, fb alpha and even put them in mame but still no success what the heck am i doing wrong? or are the sets incomplete?? hoping to put them on my wii if i ever get them working on pc first

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...77#post1765177

The ya go mate, best neogeo emu rom set.

Not hard to use and very straightforward.

Need any help I can help via VMs or PMs.
    Last edited by Warrior; 30th-August-2015 at 04:18.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

thankyou i noticed that earlier but hoped i could find the missing bits after waiting for 4gb to download lol oh well start again

Thanks

so whats your suggestion for filtering out everything i didn't want? this is meant to be for a NEO GEO emulator on the Wii. . . . . . . .

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Does the neo-geo emulator for the Wii have a dat file with it?

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

not that i can see on the sd card, after hunting down a unibios and changing config it still didn't work so i've given up on that and i'm currently messing around with retroarch, any advice for crackling sound on games like shinobi?

Thanks

from what i gather its video settings that need fiddling a little. . . . .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So what emu on what system are you exactly trying to use at the moment?

if you are using Retroarch/FBA I can help you out.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

retroarch on the wii after finding out fbalpha was supported by it the only problem i seem to be having with it at the moment is crackling sound on some games which after a little searching seems to be something to do with video settings but i've not found the solution yet. . . . . . . had to go to work grrrrr lol

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

are you using the latest FBA SVN core?

Thanks

what what? lol i downloaded retroarch 2.2 from the official site must admit i'm not sure if i have to load every single dol in the folder but i got some things going before bed called

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Libretro cores are what runs the games, they are the converted emulators.

The cores are more than just emulators, some even run media and unique game engines.

From what I was told via the devs you can't update the Wii libretro cores individually .

http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/wii/

Grab the latest nightly.

Since I do not use the Wii port not sure how to troubleshoot this, maybe test on PC to see if the bug persists?

Thanks

just tried shinobi on my laptop and that runs smooth (hp envy gaming) i think it might be that mame can be a little hit and miss on the wii bought it last week thinking it would be a cheap way of getting retro on the big screen, i'll keep my eye out for updates

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Wait a sec, I think you are getting FBA and MAME mixed together .

MAME is totally dependent on the CPU, you trying shinobi on the MAME core instead of the FBA core?

Thanks

using shinobi as the example when you select the game it shows detected cores which are arcade fb alpha, cps-1 fb alpha cps-2 fbalpha, gameboy advance, neo geo fb alpha, sega ms/gg/md/cd and virtual boy mednafen. . . . . . i've been trying it with arcade fb alpha (with sound crackles) if you use either of the cps cores it crashes and sends you back to homebrew channel i don't know if other cores are available but its the latest retroarch so i'm guessing the guys know what they're doing. . . . . maybe. . . . .