Thread: Torrent Tracking Websites Ban Windows 10 Amid Privacy Concerns

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Torrent Tracking Websites Ban Windows 10 Amid Privacy Concerns

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/79...y-concerns.htm

might want to be careful if you're using microsoft's spy/adware OS when torrenting. or just avoid torrenting on W10 entirely.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    avoid Windows10 entirely.
    Fixed that for ya.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Windows Update has always had spyware in one form or another.
    Last edited by Nick Naim; 6th-September-2015 at 00:24.

Thanks
    EP Points

I had heard about this Win 10 "spyware" business, but wasn't sure what to think. Now after continuing to hear more and more about it, I'm glad I'm on 8.1 (never thought I'd say that). I'm still considering buying a copy of Win 7 (that was their best one imo), for my next PC. I really wish PC manufacturers still included a copy of the OS on disc. :/

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MadZiontist View Post
    I had heard about this Win 10 "spyware" business, but wasn't sure what to think. Now after continuing to hear more and more about it, I'm glad I'm on 8.1 (never thought I'd say that). I'm still considering buying a copy of Win 7 (that was their best one imo), for my next PC. I really wish PC manufacturers still included a copy of the OS on disc. :/
    So long as you have a legitimate serial, you can legally dload a Windows ISO from Microsoft.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/home

Thanks
    EP Points

Is Windows 10 any better than 7?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MadZiontist View Post
    You want do delete a few windows "updates" then - Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Is Windows 10 any better than 7?
    In what regard?

So far the only thing it has going for it is modern gaming with DirectX 12, other than that nope.

Edit: new link.
    Last edited by Warrior; 6th-September-2015 at 15:49.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Upon seeing the reaction to the Windows 10 data sending features that are out in the open, I think if they had kept the features hidden, like they have before, it wouldn't have been a problem. Nobody had a problem with WAT spyware (MS update KB971033) in Windows 7, which gets installed automatically if you opt to install updates automatically.

Thanks
    EP Points

not torrent related but still relevant as it's windows 10 related: attention all windows 7 & 8 users! you may want to now disable windows auto updates as it seems microsoft is using that function to force windows 10 on people whether they want it or not.

enough is enough microsoft. every single time i look into news on windows 10 things are getting worse. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!

edit: Windows 10 downloaded to computers automatically: http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/wi...load-1.3229063
    Last edited by treos; 16th-September-2015 at 03:54. Reason: forgot the link, oops

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I thought that was semi old news?

Well I just tried the recent build of Linux Mint and................its awesome.

Will be dual booting 7 and Mint soon enough, Linux is gaining more momentum thanks to microsoft putting their heads up their arses.

I've talked with various devs and I'm liking where this is going, excellent open source software thats multi platform available on everything.

True freedom and choice is coming .
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

I've been Windows-free for about 8 or 9 years (I just use it when I'm forced). If you're a gamer, Linux just needs more games. There are already a few, but most mega-budget PC games are still Windows-only. Maybe Steam machines will change that, but probably not. Dota 2 is better than League of Legends.

If you're not a PC gamer, then I have no idea what you're still doing with Windows. Photoshop? If not, odds are whatever ware you are running on there isn't worth it.

Thanks
    EP Points

They are backporting the spying stuff to Windows 7 - 8.1 actually, but not for Vista, which is what I use.

I'll recaptcha Google for their idiotic policies.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

There's a list of updates to avoid with 7/8. I've seen it around, umm:
    KB3068708
    KB3022345
    KB2952664
    KB2990214
    KB3035583
    KB971033
    KB3021917
    KB3044374
    It doesn't matter to me though, cause I just leave Windows Update off... I've never noticed a benefit from letting it run.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here