Thread: RetroArch: How do I exactly remove duplicates?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default RetroArch: How do I exactly remove duplicates?

I have a collection of Sega games, and I don't want any duplicates on my menu. I wanted to add all of my games, but then led up to having tons of my games. How do I remove these duplicates?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You talking about the Goodset? No-Intro set?

there are various tools for removing dupes for windows but I think it would be best if you manually sorted them, there is not that many.

You talking about the collection feature?
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    You talking about the Goodset? No-Intro set?

there are various tools for removing dupes for windows but I think it would be best if you manually sorted them, there is not that many.

You talking about the collection feature?
    Thanks for reminding me of these, I won't really need to download anymore! I have remove the LPL files so that I can start all over again.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by allanbuzzy View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of these, I won't really need to download anymore! I have remove the LPL files so that I can start all over again.
    Welcome

Romsets are pretty small but if you want to play disc based games that is gonna take some room unless you just grab what you want.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Welcome

Romsets are pretty small but if you want to play disc based games that is gonna take some room unless you just grab what you want.
    Sad news, my computer froze during the process of scanning them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sad news, my computer froze during the process of scanning them.
    shouldn't take very long, you are just pressing Y (leftmost face button) over your folder containing that systems roms right?

just press F on the keyboard to window Retroarch and let it finsh the scan.

Thanks
    EP Points

shouldn't take very long, you are just pressing Y (leftmost face button) over your folder containing that systems roms right?

just press F on the keyboard to window Retroarch and let it finsh the scan.
    Every time I scan the file, it doesn't bother to show them on the menu. Do I need the LPL files back?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

get a new build here - http://buildbot.libretro.com/

Get the nightly builds, Retroarch_full.

Thanks
    EP Points

get a new build here - http://buildbot.libretro.com/

Get the nightly builds, Retroarch_full.
    I downloaded the update, same thing. NOT IN THE MENU... Seriously, the ROM's I have are WinRAR files...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I downloaded the update, same thing. NOT IN THE MENU... Seriously, the ROM's I have are WinRAR files...
    Ya they have to be either in a zip/7zip or extracted, disc images must be extracted.

Thanks
    EP Points

- For RetroArch to scan the files or a directory with ROMs first you need to have the appropriate Core installed
    You also want your files to be either extracted or I suppose in zip or 7zip format.
    - You can't remove duplicate files from the menu itself but what you can do is either go to your playlists folder in the main retroarch folder, find the playlist you want and manually edit it in NotePad/Notepad++ OR delete the playlist and just re-scan again
    - Retroarch usually memorizes which core/emulator you used first to run a ROM with, if you ever want to change this just edit the playlist file, find the ROM name you want and manually enter the new path or remove the path and have retroarch memorize a new one.
    - RetroArch 1.2.2, the one I use can not list directories bigger than 1000something files, maybe even less, the file listing after scanning becomes all wrong and it won't show half of the scanned files, I suggest downloading a no-intro set from here:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...lete-ROM-Sets)
    and only adding the ROMs you want to play in your directory/folder or simply remove all duplicates by removing all EU versions of the same game, I also remove all sports games and so forth. Keep the ROM set in its main rar form handy in case you delete the wrong files so you can manually re-add them
    - Don't use the file browser to run games, things get quite uncomfortable for browsing folders if you do, no big deal just annoying, simply put a bunch of ROMs in a folder and scan that folder/directory and play games from your collections.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A few months ago the head of RA made it so it went from that measly amount to 9999 so doing a full collection will no longer be a problem.

You really should update Kiba.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's so awesome, thanks for the info man
    I tend to never get BETA releases of stuff if there's a stable one but I guess if it's safe for this i will

Thanks
    Thanked 2,576 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Sometimes betas are actually better than the last stable release. 7zip is a good example of that.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKiba View Post
    That's so awesome, thanks for the info man
    I tend to never get BETA releases of stuff if there's a stable one but I guess if it's safe for this i will
    Not exactly beta, they are nightlies.

Just the latest milestone release tweaked with additions.

Retroarch is almost always better with a nightly.