Thread: can't run Run n Gun 2 on Latest Mame

Thanks

Default can't run Run n Gun 2 on Latest Mame

hi all, I have searched everywhere for this and I can't get the right answer. I saw yutube videos that they are able to run this on Mame. Some says DL the rom and it's bios.

I did both slmdunk2.zip UUA ver and Konamigx.zip.. placed both on Roms folder and still doesn't work.. It still ask me about missing rom or chd??

How can I make tit run?

Myy street fighter II is working without a problem...

PLease help what do I need to do.. am running multiple versions of Mame already and still I can't make it work.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have you tried running the files after extracting to them? Sometimes emulators have trouble running compressed roms.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

rungun2.zip & konamigx.zip are needed, slmdunk2.zip is not needed unless you want to run the Slam Dunk 2 (ver JAA) version in that case you need all 3 roms

http://www.emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-...ver_UAA)/16183 <- rungun2.zip

do not extract the roms

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

thanks Zorlon! Go t it.. now working thank you a very helpful forum.

is there any way to enhance the graphics or make it a bit faster? i noticed that it lags, and the voice is like echoing...
    Last edited by deadlegion; 29th-August-2015 at 06:51. Reason: merged posts

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Depends mostly on system specs but you can lower some of the visual effects if you have any of those enabled

Also depends on what port of MAME you use in GUI versions you can just use the Options menu looking at Default game options or right click on that single game and go Properties both give you a tabbed window with a Display option that will let you choose different Graphic engines like Direct 3D Open GL ect ect and various options for each of those

None gui versions of MAME with need command line options, not so sure for in-game keys

P.S. MAME is not one of those optimized to run well emulators it will mostly rely on the spec of the machine running it as it does not use the usual Hacks and mods to get speed boosts

I'm not sure if there is an alt to MAME that can run that game though

You can also try and set it up for a single screen from the in-Game Tab menu
    Dip Switches (Make sure it is setup for 1 screen)
    Video (Set Screen 0 to run in 4:3)

That way it will only process a single screen instead of 2 on 1 screen, that is fine for single player

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR