Thread: Mame 0164 & 4k Screen - text too small annoyance. <Solved but one slight niggle for help>

Thanks

Default Mame 0164 & 4k Screen - text too small annoyance. <Solved but one slight niggle for help>

Hi everyone.

First post and just getting back into MAME. Currently using MAME 0164 and MAMEUI64 0164 to compile a new collection - currently at 20gb with snap.
    Just a slight annoying issue in that when you first fire up MAMEUI64 the font scaling is fine. However after playing a game then going back to the UI the font has
    gone tiny. I discovered if I right click MAMEUI64 and select properties then compatability the "disable display scaling on high DPI settings" is ticked. If I untick
    this then run MAMEUI64 the font size is fine. That is until I play a game and this option gets ticked again.

Anyone come across this with a 4k screen (Windows 10).

Love the HLSL mode to simulate a CRT screen.
    Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming7, i7 4790k, Fractal Design R4
    Zotac 980TI w/EVGA Hybrid AIO Cooler, Plantronics 780,
    16gb 2133mhz, Samsung U28D590 28" 4K,
    EVGA SuperNova G1 1000W, Samsung 240gb EVO SSD etc

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nobody who is computer literate is using Windows 10. It installs things in your computer that you can't get rid of be re-installing, and is full time corporate spyware/data steal. Build a new computer with a non-Windows8/10 OS and ask again.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Nobody who is computer literate is using Windows 10. It installs things in your computer that you can't get rid of be re-installing, and is full time corporate spyware/data steal. Build a new computer with a non-Windows8/10 OS and ask again.
    Gee thanks for the help nice bunch here.

Think I will try somewhere with a higher IQ.
    Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming7, i7 4790k, Fractal Design R4
    Zotac 980TI w/EVGA Hybrid AIO Cooler, Plantronics 780,
    16gb 2133mhz, Samsung U28D590 28" 4K,
    EVGA SuperNova G1 1000W, Samsung 240gb EVO SSD etc

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The point is, most of the people here cannot give you specific info about your OS because most of them are informed enough to avoid using it.

Best Guess: Run as administrator. This will allow certain versions of Windows to Read/Write properly and save changes like your Font size.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.