Thread: Nintendont issues with Thousand Year Door off of SD

Thanks

Default Nintendont issues with Thousand Year Door off of SD

I got the USA ISO from here and did all the required steps, as I did with Super Mario Sunshine, to run the game on my Wii.

Results:
    USA ISO boots but displays nothing, not even sound.
    Tried a EU ISO. Only displays sound/video in 60Hz, which is B/W on my American TV.

Super Mario Sunshine works like a dream, but Thousand Year Door doesn't display anything, AT ALL. I dunno what to do, now. Can someone assist? Tried the Auto Boot option, still nothing. Nintendon't is compatible fully with TTYD, so I do not know what can be done.

Info:
    Nintendon't ver. 3.334
    Wii F/W: 4.3U

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It may be an issue from running from SD I will test when I get time but you will have to wait in line as I will be on a catch up when I do get time, it could also be that the US version is a bad image

P.S. have you tried looked at the settings for Nintendon't as you may be able to force the EU PAL version of the game to display correctly on your NTSC TV?

also check and make sure you are using the newest version
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-August-2015 at 07:57.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    It may be an issue from running from SD I will test when I get time but you will have to wait in line as I will be on a catch up when I do get time, it could also be that the US version is a bad image

P.S. have you tried looked at the settings for Nintendon't as you may be able to force the EU PAL version of the game to display correctly on your NTSC TV?

also check and make sure you are using the newest version
    I have the latest version, and tried Forcing it to NTSC, still outputted to 60Hz PAL, Black/White. I'll wait for more tests coming from you. C:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Got my Wii hooked up for testing but seems I don't have that game currently so...

Downloading the NTSC version from here and will grab another copy from a torrent if that one has issues

While I am downloading do you want to post what settings you are currently using for the NTSC copy (Nintendont settings that is)

Edit: game works perfect, I did not need to look at torrents just used the copy from the main server emuparadise.me

Will look at the settings soon

P.S. I use real GC pads and Memcards so not tested with emulated memcards or USB pads or any other stuff Nintendont supports

GC Settings
    Loader = Nintendont

Nintendont Settings
    Video Mode = Auto
    Progressive Patch = Off
    Force Widescreen = Off
    Debug = Off
    Auto Boot = On
    Settings File = No Change
    Video Deflicker = Off
    Memory card Emulation = Off
    Memory card Block Size = (Not Applicable for what I use (This is the emulated size) but recommend 59 as larger cards are known to have issues with some games)

The rest of the settings I have set to Off asides from number of GC pads that is set to 4

If you got the game from our main server I can give you the crc info of the iso file to make sure it has extracted correctly, if that is where you got it from in the first place it may not of downloaded correctly
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-August-2015 at 08:55.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Settings:
    - Cheats: Off
    - Debugger: Off
    - Debugger Wait: Off
    - Memcard Emulation: On
    - Cheat Path: Off
    - Force Widescreen: Off
    - Force Progressive: Off
    - Auto Boot: Off

- OSReort: Off
    - WiiU Widescreen: Off
    - Drive Read LE Off
    - Log: Off
    - MaxPads: 4
    - Language: Auto
    - Video: Auto

- Memcard Blocks: 251
    - Memcard Multi: On
    - Native Control: Off

I'm sure about the game downloading correctly. It did. I use a Classic Pro not any USB controllers. I also updated to the latest version of Nintendont, but I doubt that would be causing a problem, because the game has always been compatible with the Loader in-question. So it might be a bad site dump from a user. I got it from here.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Grab the one from the main site then, it does not have the region listed for it but it is the NTSC version the other copy has the region listed as PAL

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Link me the Emuparadise link for the right ISO. This is USA rom I think I got that didnt work: http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_G...ear_Door/66273

And this is the EU one that did: http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_G...e,Es,It)/66798

Those are the only ones I see if you're talking about that being the main site. Like I'm so confused otherwise lol.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The first one is what I got and works perfect

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

A little odd that the OP has a tv that can only handle NTSC input. Even an old quality crt tv will handle PAL/NTSC (possibly even SECAM too).

Edit: Now that I think about it, I do recall seeing the odd LCD tv years ago that was 50Hz only, but they were cheap old crappy panels that I haven't seen around for some time.
    Even cheap LED LCD are 50/60Hz PAL/NTSC now. 24" should be like $100 or so.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 29th-August-2015 at 04:16.

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not the first time I have heard that NTSC TV's handle PAL 60 in B&W

Not that common though either

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]