Thread: KEGA Fusion: Windows 10 frame rate slow?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default KEGA Fusion: Windows 10 frame rate slow?

I apologize for making way too many threads. I don't see them on my inbox... My profile doesn't even have my post!

Anyway, I have an issue on Windows 10. When I play a ROM on Fusion, my game sometimes gets slow. Why is this happening?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Kega Fusion is very old,dead and will no longer worked on since the dev no longer cares about it and its closed source.

The best alternative is Genesis Plus GX which you can run through Retroarch on various platforms.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Kega Fusion is very old,dead and will no longer worked on since the dev no longer cares about it and its closed source.

The best alternative is Genesis Plus GX which you can run through Retroarch on various platforms.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will use it.

EDIT: Apparently they said Genesis Plus GX runs on Wii only But I have Gens, another emulator.
    Last edited by allanbuzzy; 23rd-August-2015 at 16:16.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by allanbuzzy View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will use it.

EDIT: Apparently they said Genesis Plus GX runs on Wii only But I have Gens, another emulator.
    It needs to be ran through Retroarch,

http://buildbot.libretro.com/

The buildbot seems to be down ATM but when its back up go to Nightly,choose your system and grab Retroarch_Full, extract that to its own folder and start it, use your controller to navigate and choose online updater , Genesis Plus GX and it will get the latest core, go back and load the core then go to load content and load a rom.

F key switches windowed/fullscreen

F1 toggles the GUI/gameplay

Escape exits Retroarch
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

It needs to be ran through Retroarch,

http://buildbot.libretro.com/

The buildbot seems to be down ATM but when its back up go to Nightly,choose your system and grab Retroarch_Full, extract that to its own folder and start it, use your controller to navigate and choose online updater , Genesis Plus GX and it will get the latest core, go back and load the core then go to load content and load a rom.

F key switches windowed/fullscreen

F1 toggles the GUI/gameplay

Escape exits Retroarch
    Is there a program that opens that DOESN'T tell you that your missing this thing.

Well, you know how the 60fps is the limit to Kega? I think its that issue. It goes over the 60fps...
    Last edited by deadlegion; 25th-August-2015 at 18:22. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Care to explain in more detail regarding what is missing?

Thanks
    EP Points

It says it needs d3dx9_43.dll...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by allanbuzzy View Post
    It says it needs d3dx9_43.dll...
    you install the directx redist?

Thanks
    EP Points

you install the directx redist?
    I installed it. Now Retroarch works, but what do I do now?

EDIT: Nvm, I read your instructions and I now have Genesis/Mega Drive working! Thanks, Warrior
    EDIT1: You know the Square button of the PS3 controller? It doesn't work. Square should be the A Button, but it refuses to work. Its not my controller, its the program its self.
    Last edited by allanbuzzy; 26th-August-2015 at 19:44.