Thread: Updating MAME Fullsets/Updates Help!

Thanks

Question Updating MAME Fullsets/Updates Help!

Hello,

I have a few questions I was wondering about. Before I start building my own MAME collection I have downloaded everything MAME related from the Complete Fullsets folder on Emuparadise starting from the "MAME 0.138 to 0.139 Update Pack" all the way until the latest "MAME 0.163 to 0.164 Update Pack". I have also downloaded the "MAME 0.161 ROMS" as well as "MAME 0.161 CHDs". I have also the latest MAME emulator installed at 0.164 as well as clrmamepro and I know how to use it so no issues there. My question is, with which version do I start rebuilding? Can I start immediately from the oldest update being 0.138 to 0.139 and build onwards from there or will it corrupt my files on the way as I reach the latest updates and packs? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you for your time!

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you wish to know where to go to get everything Arcade wise including pin point information I can tell you via PM.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

That would be very much appreciated thank you I thought I got everything through the fullset rom files but I'm scared to start rebuilding in case it fails and I'll have to start all over because it's a huge undertaking.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sent you a PM.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    If you wish to know where to go to get everything Arcade wise including pin point information I can tell you via PM.
    Hi Warrior

Could I get a PM regarding this information also.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey guys, I just downloaded MAME 0.165b
    what ROMSet do i need and where to get it? I found a torrent with a supposedly complete 0.149 ROM Set, would those roms still work on 0.165b? I want the latest version for all the fancy shaders and stuff.
    I haven't used MAME on my PC in over 10 years, I've been using the one I have on my modded Xbox exclusively since 2003 and since it all works fine I'm fine with that, but I want to set it all up on PC now.

Please tell me what ROM Sets i need for 0.165b and where to find them

thanks in advance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Hello guys, i'm walking the same road: i'm trying to build my MAME collection for my DIY ARCADE MAME-CAB
    I'm still on the "downloading" phase and i appreciate if you can tell me where can i get detailed informations
    thank you !

Thanks

I'm the same, any help setting up mame greatly appreciated, need help with the update roms and full sets

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKiba View Post
    Hey guys, I just downloaded MAME 0.165b
    what ROMSet do i need and where to get it? I found a torrent with a supposedly complete 0.149 ROM Set, would those roms still work on 0.165b? I want the latest version for all the fancy shaders and stuff.
    I haven't used MAME on my PC in over 10 years, I've been using the one I have on my modded Xbox exclusively since 2003 and since it all works fine I'm fine with that, but I want to set it all up on PC now.

Please tell me what ROM Sets i need for 0.165b and where to find them

thanks in advance
    it's usually best to use the romset of the same version of mame