Thread: Help needed with WildCard + Splitting Roms

Thanks

Default Help needed with WildCard + Splitting Roms

Hi there!

Hoping I could get some help with a recently purchased Super Wildcard (24mb Variant) and issues with splitting ROM's.

For the life of me I can't to do this! - I've downloaded the Snes Tool Dos program, following the instructions & it's splitting it - For example Mortal Kombat 2 across x3 files which I then copy onto x3 disks (all disks formatted etc.). As soon as I pop disk 1 into the Wildcard, the countdown loads & within literally a couple of numbers it comes up with Fatal Error? I've downloaded the ROM shamelessly from a couple of different sites to be sure it's a working copy but it still keeps happening

Could anyone supprt please? - I not massively clued up on Tech but have followed YouTube video's etc!

Thanks in advance for any support given

Mike

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I wouldn't use SNEStool for splitting your roms. It's an ok program for a few things like ips patching, but copiers all have individual nuances to the split formats they use. Use Ucon 64:
    http://ucon64.sourceforge.net/

It's a command line DOS program, you will need to understand some basic DOS functions like changing folders on a command prompt. Or you'll need to hunt down a frontend that works on your operating system, that can be problematic even if you're on Windows 7/8/10. I'd recommend learning the bit of DOS if you need to, you'd simply need to enter this command: ucon64.exe -swc -s Mortal_Kombat_2.sfc
    You can find list of commands Ucon64 can execute in its readme.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Have a look at this thread.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ld-Card-Issues

There's a split rom attached in that thread you can have a look at, it probably wont work on a 24mb Wildcard though, I think it's 32mb,

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I forgot you mentioning that newer thing last time around, would help if I actually tried it
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I forgot you mentioning that newer thing last time around, would help if I actually tried it
    I don't think the newer program worked, I ended up using snestool and DOSBox.
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 24th-August-2015 at 16:28. Reason: typo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    Have a look at this thread.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ld-Card-Issues

There's a split rom attached in that thread you can have a look at, it probably wont work on a 24mb Wildcard though, I think it's 32mb,
    Thanks buddy...... I did try using your Donkey King files but they didn't work :-(

Tis very frustrating as my favourite games are so close yet so far!!

Mike

Would you know anyone / anywhere where I could source certain Snes ROM games lready on disks & split - As I said, I'm a bit of a technophobe, tried downloading alternate programs UCON64 but doesn't appear to work on my laptop!
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 22nd-August-2015 at 17:07. Reason: Double post

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMarden View Post
    Thanks buddy...... I did try using your Donkey King files but they didn't work :-(

Tis very frustrating as my favourite games are so close yet so far!!

Mike

Would you know anyone / anywhere where I could source certain Snes ROM games lready on disks & split - As I said, I'm a bit of a technophobe, tried downloading alternate programs UCON64 but doesn't appear to work on my laptop!

Donkey Kong wont work on a 24m Wildcard, but it should at least load the first disk and prompt for the next.

I might have some old CDs with spilt roms, can't guarantee that I still do though.

Edit: Found an old CD.

AD-F-VAL.1 ADDAMS FAMILY VALUES, FILE 1
    AD-F-VAL.2 ADDAMS FAMILY VALUES, FILE 2

Split file, two parts. Let me know how it goes.

AD-F-VAL.zip
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 22nd-August-2015 at 17:18.

Thanks

Thanks for helping........ Everything looked ok... Disk one was fine & asked for disk 2, disk two got half way then flashed up with the fatal err message :-(

Tried it again.... Disk 2 counted down to 97 then the fatal err message appeared?!
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 22nd-August-2015 at 17:52. Reason: Double post

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for helping........ Everything looked ok... Disk one was fine & asked for disk 2, disk two got half way then flashed up with the fatal err message :-(

Tried it again.... Disk 2 counted down to 97 then the fatal err message appeared?!

Have you tried formatting the disks in your Wildcard. Maybe the disks are past it, try a different disk?

Thanks

Hey buddy... Did try formatting the disks on the wildcard, they won't read on the external floppy drive now!

Disks were brand new ones?! - again weird, all of the single disks with games on work fine but it's only the split ones?!

Have you tried formatting the disks in your Wildcard. Maybe the disks are past it, try a different disk?
    Hey Jackhammer - Some great news - Addams Family works fine (it was me formatting from the eternal floppy & not the WildCard, then when I orginally did from the WildCard it was the wrong format that I used!)

Any chance you could help with some other split games? - Happy to send a donation via PayPal for your time & efforts!

Thanks

Mike
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 22nd-August-2015 at 19:59. Reason: Double post

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

Hey buddy... Did try formatting the disks on the wildcard, they won't read on the external floppy drive now!

Disks were brand new ones?! - again weird, all of the single disks with games on work fine but it's only the split ones?!

Hey Jackhammer - Some great news - Addams Family works fine (it was me formatting from the eternal floppy & not the WildCard, then when I orginally did from the WildCard it was the wrong format that I used!)

Any chance you could help with some other split games? - Happy to send a donation via PayPal for your time & efforts!

Thanks

Mike
    The games I have on CD are very old, no Mario etc. It is quite easy to use snestool and DOSBox to split roms. Some wont work, they are too big for your Wildcard's memory, some have copy protection, other's need special chips that were in the original cart.

I'll just upload the CD to Mega, no need for any payment, that's what EP is for, helping out.

Thanks

That's awesome, excusing the ignorance... What's Mega?!

The games I have on CD are very old, no Mario etc. It is quite easy to use snestool and DOSBox to split roms. Some wont work, they are too big for your Wildcard's memory, some have copy protection, other's need special chips that were in the original cart.

I'll just upload the CD to Mega, no need for any payment, that's what EP is for, helping out.
    If it helps, the games I'm needing over split are:-

Mortal Kombat 2
    Samurai Showdown
    Secret of Mana
    Street Fighter 2 Turbo - Hyper Fighting
    Super Street Fighter 2 - The New Challengers
    Super Mario World 2
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 22nd-August-2015 at 20:27. Reason: Double post

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

That's awesome, excusing the ignorance... What's Mega?!
    Mega is a file sharing host. I'm uploading an old CD with split SNES roms, I'll post the link when it's finished uploading.

If it helps, the games I'm needing over split are:-

Mortal Kombat 2
    Samurai Showdown
    Secret of Mana
    Street Fighter 2 Turbo - Hyper Fighting
    Super Street Fighter 2 - The New Challengers
    Super Mario World 2
    I think SF2 Turbo is 24m, not sure. Super Mario World 2 (Yoshi's Island) wont work on old copiers, not sure about the rest.
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 22nd-August-2015 at 20:32.

Thanks

Ah ok, may have to buy at least a couple of cartridges then!

Sorry to ask, what's Mega?

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

Ah ok, may have to buy at least a couple of cartridges then!

Sorry to ask, what's Mega?
    Mega is a file sharing host. I'm uploading an old CD with split SNES roms, I'll post the link when it's finished uploading.

You can play your SNES roms on your PC with an emulator. If you prefer an actual SNES, you can buy a SNES flashcart, either a Super Everdrive, or SD2SNES. They are quite expensive though, but probably cheaper than buying some of the rarer carts for the SNES.

Edit: Posted a thread here.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...Backup-Devices
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 22nd-August-2015 at 22:12.