Thread: Wii and Par2 files

Thanks

Default Wii and Par2 files

Can anyone either explain or point me in the direction to understand what I need to do with PAR2 files to get them to turn into ISO's or whatever else I need to do to get them to work with Dolphin?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

It's pretty simple. Install Quickpar, then place the split parts and the par2 file in the same folder. Then double-click the par2, Quickpar will launch and quickly scan your files, then let you hit Repair.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I DLed Metroid Corruption for the Wii. It only came with one file, not any split parts. "RM3E Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption [NTSC-U].vol0+1.PAR2"
    I opened it in Quickpar, I'm not sure if it scanned anything.
    https://gyazo.com/da0f238037fb0abe3b0ed81f0939feaa
    That's what it gives me

Thanks
    EP Points

Hop back to Metroid Prime 3's post, find the text file attached there. Open the text file and it'll contain links to download some split parts.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Awesome, that got me a bit farther! I now have "Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption [NTSC-U]" as Disc Image File. Now this, I don't know what to do with it. I tried clicking "mount" but it said it was corrupted. Something else I should be doing maybe? (Found it funny MP: Corruption is corrupted )

Thanks
    EP Points

It should be able to mount AFAIK, but you might need some better 3rd party software instead of Windows file mounting? I'm sure Dolphin has the ability to load iso files without any need to mount discs though.