Thread: Is there such a thing as complete CLEAN ROM sets and where do I find them?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Is there such a thing as complete CLEAN ROM sets and where do I find them?

I'm sorry, I'm neither very computer savvy nor very internet savvy and I may be posting in the wrong section so excuse my ignorance.
    I'm trying to get good, clean complete ROM Sets for the NES, Genesis/Mega Drive, SNES, SMS, GG, TurboGrafx16 and such.
    The GoodNES set I downloaded from here is a huge mess and it won't work the way i want it with RetroArch, sure I can play the ROMs from the archives but I can't add them to my collection or anything and extrating and sorting them all out and deleting the bad or duplicate dumps is literally impossible to do, so many files.

I downloaded some ungoodmerge tool, that took forever and a day just to merge one ROM and my computer is excellent, clean, runs everything on max settings whatever.

Is there such a thing as clean ROM Sets where only the [!] ROMs are included and the ROMs are separated by region in different folders?
    I had a NES ROM set like this some years back but don't have it anymore

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The best rom sets you can get is the No-Intro sets, Goodtools is not meant for Retroarch.

Goodtools sets have all known dumps/hacks/translations of a game in single 7zip archives, they are good if you want to be lazy and not patch them yourself.

No-Intro sets are here in the forum, check the miscellaneous section masterlist.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks buddy
    one question tho, are the no intro sets with no headers? Wouldn't that mess with RetroArch's info collecting?

Hey man, listen, I'm way too confused around these forums
    can you link me to these topics with the rom sets, please
    I can't find anything
    Last edited by deadlegion; 17th-August-2015 at 02:28. Reason: merged posts

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.epforums.org/forumdisplay...pload-Services

upload section and

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ks-Master-List

the masterlist and just ctrl+F and search no-intro and youl find a few links.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKiba View Post
    Is there such a thing as clean ROM Sets where only the [!] ROMs are included and the ROMs are separated by region in different folders?
    I had a NES ROM set like this some years back but don't have it anymore
    Yes. You just need to command Goodtools to sort your stuff out like that. You'll require some basic DOS knowledge or a Goodtools frontend that runs on your operating system though.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks a lot
    No Intro ROM sets are exactly what I needed