Thread: 3DS Flashcart for playing DS roms on version 9.9.0-26U

Thanks
    EP Points

Default 3DS Flashcart for playing DS roms on version 9.9.0-26U

I am looking for a Flashcart to play DS roms on my Version 9.9.0-26U 3DSXL. Any carts that can work on the latest version of the 3DS firmware? I saw that Supercard DSTWO was updated for 9.7.0-25x which of course does not help me since I am on a higher firmware.
    Love knows no bounds.

As a cryptography and computer security expert, I have never understood the current fuss about the open source software movement. In the cryptography world, we consider open source necessary for good security; we have for decades. Public security is always more secure than proprietary security. It's true for cryptographic algorithms, security protocols, and security source code. For us, open source isn't just a business model; it's smart engineering practice.
    Bruce Schneier, Crypto-Gram 1999/09/15

Thanks
    EP Points

The R4i 3DS Gold still works fine on the latest 3DS firmware. Just make sure it's the one with r4ids.cn on the label; there are a bunch of different R4 makers, and this is the only one I can confirm works properly.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Got any sellers for the US?
    Love knows no bounds.

As a cryptography and computer security expert, I have never understood the current fuss about the open source software movement. In the cryptography world, we consider open source necessary for good security; we have for decades. Public security is always more secure than proprietary security. It's true for cryptographic algorithms, security protocols, and security source code. For us, open source isn't just a business model; it's smart engineering practice.

Thanks
    EP Points

A list of retailers can be found on their website here; http://www.r4ids.cn/buy-r4i-e.htm
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks I will keep those in mind when I go to order my Card
    Love knows no bounds.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

DSTWO works on the latest firmware it just did not need an update so the last one was a fix for the firmware listed works on latest firmware anyway

If you wish to double check though just look through the official forum, you don't need to join of anything as the forum is open to viewing

If you want it to buy a cheap card though the R4i 3DS Gold is good enough though some games will need patching before they are playable fully
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-August-2015 at 04:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

hmm money is a bit tight right now to be honest. So I i want to save of the $50 its going to take to pick the DSTwo along with a sdcard to go along with it. It is going to take a bit of time.
    Love knows no bounds.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Then recommend getting an R4 kit there are plenty that are happy with the kit and you can get free patching software that can patch any game that needs patching (the software will tell you if the game needs patching) leaving the only games that can't be playable are the ones that require slot 2 hardware such as guitar hero that a 3DS can't use anyway as it has no slot 2

The DSTWO kit is more hassle free and does have extra features but I'm sure you can live without those

Emulation is far from perfect on the DSTWO though yes it is better than the R4 kits (GBA and SNES emulation I'm talking about)

As far as emulation goes 16bit systems are always squashed or scanned outside of the display e.g. SNES and Genesis... actually even NES and SMS are also, GBA displays just fine though as do other handheld emulators

GB to GBC emulate very well on all flash kits as does GameGear don't remember what else I used to use outside of those though except maybe SCUMMVM that is a lite version i.e. not as many games supported but ran very well from basic DS side flash kits though like other 4:3 systems the image is squashed on one screen while the other kinda zooms to the action though all the games supported the zoom to action so may just be zoomed into one pos.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-August-2015 at 07:18.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I concur with Zorlon. Supercard still works on newer firmwares. Mine is 9.9.0-26u as well and it works just fine for me.

Three more days until Party time!

Thanks
    EP Points

The r4ids.cn official newest update shows that the R4i gold 3ds now can support the newest 3ds v10.2.0-28 for playing ds games. SO there should be no problem on your 9.9.0-26U 3DSXL. Also since you care about money, it is good choice for you.