Thread: Problems loading Xenoblade Chronicles ISO on Wii

Thanks

Question Problems loading Xenoblade Chronicles ISO on Wii

Hello,

I've recently downloaded the PAL Iso for Xenoblade Chronicles and I have some problems loading it on my Homebrewed Wii with several USB Loaders.

The first thing I see when loading up the Iso on my Wii is the typic safety screen for the Wiimote and after that I only get a black screen. I do not hear any sound or get any feedback, except when I press the Home button or disconnect the Wiimote which just gives me a message that I can't go into the Home menu or that I should reconnect the Wiimote.

Just to clear some things up:
    I do have the USB Stick formatted with the WBFS Manager and I also tested the Iso on Dolphin where it works perfectly. I tried every setting on the various USB Loaders I loaded it with but I do not know if I have the proper cIos installed.

I really tried everything I was able to find on Google but nothing helped even in the slightest.This is my first time trying to load a game from USB so I might have done an obvious mistake, sorry for that. I could also make some kind of video if thats needed.

Can anyone here help me to fix this problem? I really want to play it on the Wii and not on the Emulator. The N3DS version is also no option for me since I currently do not have enough money to buy one. Many thanks for all the answers in advance!
    Last edited by ArcTM; 11th-August-2015 at 12:03.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Are you sure it isn't a cios issue? Because the title is a very recent one for the platform.
    I have the PAL version for my Wii and it runs perfectly ok via WODE using .iso on NTFS formatted HDD.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I just recently installed the "waninkoko 249 cIOS" which seems to be the right one for playing isos, or did I understand something wrong?

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't know because I don't use softmod.
    But this game doesn't need motion plus so all that's left as possible issues (I guess) would be cios and any loader or game format related issues (you mentioned you're using wbfs).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Yes, I'm currently using the wbfs format because I haven't found any good tutorial on how to make a NTFS one, everytime I tried myself the Loaders didn't even register my stick. I'm also not sure if I really installed the correct cios so I'll be looking for a way to check which one I'm using currently(and installing the correct one if needed).

Edit: The Homebrew Channel says "IOS58 v24.32" but I don't know if thats what I'm even looking for.

Edit2: I've now installed the d2x-v10-beta52 and got it to work when I forced the ios 252 for some reasons, only problem now is that I can't get past the first loading screen.
    Last edited by ArcTM; 11th-August-2015 at 13:00.

Thanks
    EP Points

I had a quick look at a softmod guide on gbatemp (dated Jan 2014).
    249 should work.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I totally forgot to answer here again, sorry. I reinstalled the d2x-v10-beta52 twice and for some reason I got it to work after that. I do no not know what I did right this time or wrong the times before that but it is working without any problems now. I guess this Thread can be closed or deleted now, thanks for the answers.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sorry for joining late I have been busy over the last few wks

d2x v10 is only realy needed for USB sticks that need the extra fix USB HDD's don't require this

the best format is FAT32 with 32k clusters that you would need to do with an external format tool instead of the windows default format tools

NTFS has it's own issues

the FAT32 with 32 clusters covers GameCube also if you have any interest in GC games

I personally also run a virtual Nand with tons of VC games and WiiWare because you could never fit that much on the internal nand a bonus is that it actually runs better from USB HDD than it does from the internal Nand

I can give more details later.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-August-2015 at 04:08.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR