Thread: Bit of a problem with the 001, 002 etc. files, not sure if it's Windows 10 related.

Thanks

Default Bit of a problem with the 001, 002 etc. files, not sure if it's Windows 10 related.

So, I'm trying to extract the files, and for whatever reason Winrar wasn't recognizing them. I've re-downloaded Winrar, and even checked the "001" file extension, yet it still doesn't have an option to extract the file.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Use 7zip.
    Extract from the first part only (.001).

You only need to use Winrar for archives that 7zip can't handle (which is quite rare).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

If you still want to use WinRAR you can change the program association by right clicking the 001 file and then clicking Properties. Change the program to WinRAR and then you can start extracting.

You only need to do this for 001, the rest will be taken care of automatically by WinRAR.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Use 7zip.
    Extract from the first part only (.001).

You only need to use Winrar for archives that 7zip can't handle (which is quite rare).
    Ah, thanks. That fixed it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

7zip is the superior archive manager in many ways. Like I said you should only need to use Winrar if you really need to, plus 7zip is completely free.

Spoiler warning: