Thread: How do i get the ISOs to run on PCSX2

Thanks

Default How do i get the ISOs to run on PCSX2

Hi everyone,

Sorry if there is a guide on this somewhere, but i had a look and couldn't find it.

Basically i downloaded PCSX2 and have set it up with the BIOS and everything, and have also downloaded an ISO version of Final Fantasy X but no idea how to get it to play. I'm not exactly great with computers.

I have also downloaded 7-Zip but don't really know how that works either. The ISOs i have downloaded don't have the symbol next to them that i would have expected .Rar files to have. Instead they have a blank piece of paper with the upper right corner folded over. When i click on the downloaded file i get a message saying "Unable to find software for the selected file". I thought that 7-Zip was the software i needed but maybe i am wrong?

Again, sorry for what i think is a very noobish question! Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    EP Points

First off when downloading any PS2 game you'll need to extract the ISO inside the archive file.

Archives are easier to send over on the net thanks to compression so less GB to download.

Secondly in PCSX2 there's an ISO Selector and in it there's a Browse button.

Hit Browse and then a window will appear asking to go find the ISO.

Choose the ISO and then hit Run and the game will load up.

Occasionally we seperate the archive in parts if it is in parts make sure to select them all and extract them to get your file.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You might have installed 7zip without setting File Association for .RAR files. Try right clicking the file and see if there is a line for 7zip with a pop-out menu. You should be able to extract to / which will make a new folder with the same name as the .RAR file and have the extracted files inside.

If that doesn't work, when you get the message about "Unable to find software for the selected file" select to Choose program from list. If you don't see 7zip you can browse to where it is installed (Probably c:\program files\ or c:\program files(x86)\). Select the 7z.exe and the window should close. Under the list click the box next to "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". This will set the file association so that you will open .RAR files with 7zip.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.