Thread: Is gaming impossible on windows 8 or 8.1?

Thanks

Default Is gaming impossible on windows 8 or 8.1?

ok i was really unsure where to post this at but it concerns emulation and gaming in general. ill be getting a brand new computer this weekened from buddys rental place.....can't afford to buy one so renting is literaly my ONLY!!! option. and it possibly will have windows 8 or 8.1? didn't really think it through when i was getting it all i was doing was paying attention to processing power it had. am i screwed? will i be able to game with emulators or other games?

Thanks
    EP Points

Why would gaming be impossible on Windows 8?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm on 8.1 and haven't really had any issues (well, none that weren't caused by my weird luck and those blasted tiny internet elves ) gaming.

I've done emulators for most of the older systems (from FCEUltra to Dolphin), and the only times I've had issues that weren't caused by what I mention in the above parenthesis was when either the game in question wasn't yet fully supported by the emulator or I attempted to run something that recommended a bit more than my computer has

Thanks
    EP Points

I can assure you everything works fine just make sure you get the correct version of an emulator for your computer.

There's x32, x64, and x86.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemongenius View Post
    There's x32, x64, and x86.
    Just x86 and x86-64 (aka x64/AMD64) actually, with x86 meaning 32bit and x86-64 meaning 64bit. As far as I'm aware they don't really sell/rent PCs with 32bit processors anymore, so OP should be fine running either type of application on their new system.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

ok thanks a bunch guys i was super worried..i mean this was the main reason i was getting a new pc so i can play some of the more powerful emulators like Gamecube, Nintendo DS, PS2 and saturn...and psp if i can figure out how it works LOL but yeah thanks a bunch

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiFan7 View Post
    ok thanks a bunch guys i was super worried..i mean this was the main reason i was getting a new pc so i can play some of the more powerful emulators like Gamecube, Nintendo DS, PS2 and saturn...and psp if i can figure out how it works LOL but yeah thanks a bunch
    Of these you mentioned PSP and DS emulation is the easiest.

The PPSSPP is an amazing PSP Emu it even has a speed throttle which is super awesome.

It's super easy to use it hardly requires much to it honestly.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

The cool thing about ppsspp now too is that you can save your emulator settings per specific game too!! A lot of things will run fine on default as well but that's handy to have if you've forgotten what you've changed which is easy considering the ton of emulator options for it.