Page 54 of 268 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964104154 ... LastLast

Thread: The Skype-Out: Nothing butt sex. Or so they say.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This is amazing, PCSX2 is running pretty well on my shitty laptop and the temps are acceptable.

What Madness is this?!
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    This is amazing, PCSX2 is running pretty well on my shitty laptop and the temps are acceptable.

What Madness is this?!
    Specs?

I could run FF12 which is up there on the ps2 emulation scale at full speed at full screen native with an AMD Turion 2 dual core at 2.4 ghz, ATI HD 4200, with 4 gb ram laptop. Of course that laptop died after just 5 weeks but why quibble.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Specs?

I could run FF12 which is up there on the ps2 emulation scale at full speed at full screen native with an AMD Turion 2 dual core at 2.4 ghz, ATI HD 4200, with 4 gb ram laptop. Of course that laptop died after just 5 weeks but why quibble.
    I bet that thing fried to death.

Pentium dual core 2.30

6 GB Ram

Intel express chipset.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

My comp could probably emulate just about everything. Kind of want to try it out this weekend too.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    I bet that thing fried to death.

Pentium dual core 2.30

6 GB Ram

Intel express chipset.
    Eww. Even worse. The ram doesn't really matter at that point. You must be running something simple. Then again you didn't really specify which processor or gpu.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    I'm just wondering because I see people with like fucking 770-850 games and 20-30% completion rates. That's a fuck load of games to buy. Imagine spending all that time to only lose the progress.
    Buy, play then trade. Repeat.
    I see a lot of kids in EB accompanied by an adult.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Buy, play then trade. Repeat.
    I see a lot of kids in EB accompanied by an adult.
    Still kind of an insane amount of games to have played over time. Granted he has like 60 plats and 25% overall completion.

Thanks
    EP Points

20-30% completion sort of indicates single play through and maybe grabbing a few extra trophies. Many games you could do that easily in a day or two without much effort. Some games aren't long at all so for short ones in two days you could do 2 or maybe 3 @ 30%.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Still kind of an insane amount of games to have played over time. Granted he has like 60 plats and 25% overall completion.
    Look at the dates for the trophies. If he started like 3 years ago and he's a kid it isn't that insane really.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm interested if there are any examples of trophy whores getting banned from PSN playing pirated games. Would be interesting to see how they detect it for single player games.
    I believe Sony only ever used to block access to PSN on CFW PS3s, I don't think the workarounds etc ever worked for long. Pirated games on PSN weren't really that much of a thing, nothing like it was on Xbox Live with flashed 360s.

Most PS3 pirate games were played offline, and there was no way to transfer your account to another PS3 to update your profile for trophies etc. So that person you mentioned probably just plays games but doesn't do any work for trophies, hence 25%.

Thanks
    EP Points

Spose the only game on your profile I think you'll be able to get through quickly is PS All Stars. Everything else looks long/grindy/RPG

Thanks
    EP Points

This dude is a living legends.

http://psnprofiles.com/damon8r351

95% is pretty nice.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Spose the only game on your profile I think you'll be able to get through quickly is PS All Stars. Everything else looks long/grindy/RPG
    Dragon age has a shit load I can get quickly. I don't think getting to 20% is unrealistic for a weekend. If I put more time into the system after I bought it I wouldn't look so horrible.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    I've never met any vegans who were pushy about their beliefs but they did seem to be the sort of people who would push it into your face, it's ok to just not eat animal products but to constantly draw attention to yourself about it does make them seem like their beliefs are quite shallow.
    Yeah, I've definitely met a few people who, though not intolerant of others' dietary choices, kind of flaunt their own to draw attention to themselves and make themselves seem interesting or unique, and it frankly annoys me as much as anyone given that it's perpetuating already prevalent negative stereotypes about the kind of people that vegetarians and vegans are. I will say, though, that in many cases it's just something that's going to come up in conversation whether you like it or not. Food is a pretty common topic of discussion and a huge part of life, and it's pretty hard to talk honestly about food as a vegetarian or a vegan without mentioning that that's what you are given that it has a huge impact on what you do and don't eat. It's sometimes not a case of attention seeking so much as it is down to it being something that's very hard to omit in many conversations and situations.
    Last edited by Elin; 14th-August-2015 at 10:35.

Thanks
    EP Points

Like... when I was living in Japan, I'm pretty sure that my diet was one of the first things I told people about when I met them. Not because I thought it was particularly interesting or something that made me quirky and oh-so-unique, but simply because one of the first questions I'd get would usually be, "Do you like Japanese food?", and any affirmative answer to that question would have to come with the caveat that there are lots of things in Japanese cuisine that I simply can't eat because of the diet that I follow.