Page 52 of 268 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762102152 ... LastLast

Thread: The Skype-Out: Nothing butt sex. Or so they say.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    I have a vegan friend who is so in your face about this shit but continues to use drugs, hormone replacements, and all kinds of other artifical shit while claimung GMO is poison, Meat will give you cancer, and eating a none vegan diet lowers your IQ. Aming other things of course.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Ugh. As a longtime vegetarian and a vegan wherever it's practical, I've faced the same situation in reverse more times than I can count. There was one guy in particular when I was in Japan who was, to put it politely, carrying quite a lot of extra weight, but who would continually lecture me on how I was being unhealthy and how I couldn't possibly be getting all the nutrients I needed. I guess maybe he was projecting his insecurities about his own dietary issues onto me? Really wish people wouldn't get preachy on either side, anyway, whether it's vegetarians / vegans lecturing meat eaters or the reverse. Particularly when it's people who are in no position themselves to be lecturing anyone on health.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    Ugh. As a longtime vegetarian and a vegan wherever it's practical, I've faced the same situation in reverse more times than I can count. There was one guy in particular when I was in Japan who was, to put it politely, carrying quite a lot of extra weight, but who would continually lecture me on how I was being unhealthy and how I couldn't possibly be getting all the nutrients I needed. I guess maybe he was projecting his insecurities about his own dietary issues onto me? Really wish people wouldn't get preachy on either side, anyway, whether it's vegetarians / vegans lecturing meat eaters or the reverse. Particularly when it's people who are in no position themselves to be lecturing anyone on health.
    It's just chemistry. Get your right balance and your body will more than likely be happy.

However, berating and judging people based off of their diet choices (unless it's destroying their health and life, but only judging in terms of helping them improve) is completely stupid.

However this may sound douchey but I've encountered a lot more dickish vegans in my times online than meat eaters online. However that may be due in part to the fact that a lot of the active vegans online are a lote more exteremist than the ones who just live that lifestyle.

Thanks
    EP Points

However this may sound douchey but I've encountered a lot more dickish vegans in my times online than meat eaters online. However that may be due in part to the fact that a lot of the active vegans online are a lote more exteremist than the ones who just live that lifestyle.

Not douchey, but in my experience just the reverse is true. I've rarely run into vegetarians or vegans who are judgemental or unpleasant about others' dietary choices (outside of groups like PETA who make that kind of stuff their modus operandi, I'm not sure I've encountered even one, actually), while I've had plenty of meat eaters become confrontational, berate me, or act like I'm stupid and tell me that I'm "missing out" without any provocation whatsoever, and often without even really knowing me. I suspect in both of our cases it's probably simply because you experience less of the nastiness in a given demographic when it's one that you're a part of, and there's probably a similar amount of stupidity on both sides in reality.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not douchey, but in my experience just the reverse is true. I've rarely run into vegetarians or vegans who are judgemental or unpleasant about others' dietary choices (outside of groups like PETA who make that kind of stuff their modus operandi, I'm not sure I've encountered even one, actually), while I've had plenty of meat eaters become confrontational, berate me, or act like I'm stupid and tell me that I'm "missing out" without any provocation whatsoever, and often without even really knowing me. I suspect in both of our cases it's probably simply because you experience less of the nastiness in a given demographic when it's one that you're a part of, and there's probably a similar amount of stupidity on both sides in reality.
    Yeah, dicks are dicks.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    I recently had a patient refuse an offer I made him to get an order for a nicotine patch while he was in the hospital. Dude smoked close to two packs a day but refused the patch because those things give you cancer. I wish I could say he was joking. Refuse if you want but just know I'm not taking your crap when you're grumpy later.

Thanks
    EP Points

Pretty much what I was thinking after reflecting on it while working out. It makes sense we would see differing sides since we are viewing it as the opposite side. Why would vegans be hostile to other vegans?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Yeah, dicks are dicks.
    dicks are pussies.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Why would vegans be hostile to other vegans?
    Same boat as liberals and other nutbars, if you know them personally then no explanation is needed.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I've never met any vegans who were pushy about their beliefs but they did seem to be the sort of people who would push it into your face, it's ok to just not eat animal products but to constantly draw attention to yourself about it does make them seem like their beliefs are quite shallow.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

That cheese will give you nightmares about all the creatures you've consumed.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I am a Popsicle-tarian.

Thanks
    EP Points

brake work on my truck is finished will have to take it out and check it tomorrow to make sure everything is working right.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    brake work on my truck is finished will have to take it out and check it tomorrow to make sure everything is working right.
    Trial and error.