Page 115 of 268 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 4010

Thread: The Skype-Out: Nothing butt sex. Or so they say.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    I'm watching Zankyou no Terror. Pretty cool so far.
    That anime is so short but so good

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Also has one of the most annoying characters in all of anime land.
    Hahaha

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Phineas Squiggletail, Esq View Post

Thanks
    EP Points

Having a weaboo crisis at the moment. I rewatched Evangelion a few weekends back and it’s made me realise how terrible most of the anime I watch actually is.

I was amazed to find it still hits all the same notes it did when I first saw it all those years ago. I already liked anime back then, but Eva was the first I really connected with. Don’t know if I just happened to watch it at the right time, but I’ve never found another show that affected me on the same level. Serial Experiments Lain is about the only series that comes close to evoking that same sense of hopelessness and psychological despair.
    Last edited by Cosmic; 8th-September-2015 at 01:13.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Having a weaboo crisis at the moment. I rewatched Evangelion a few weekends back and it’s made me realise how terrible most of the anime I watch actually is.

I was amazed to find it still hits all the same notes it did when I first saw it all those years ago. I already liked anime back then, but Eva was the first I really connected with. Don’t know if I just happened to watch it at the right time, but I’ve never found another show that affected me on the same level. Serial Experiments Lain is about the only series that comes close to evoking that same sense of hopelessness and psychological despair.
    I honestly wasn't impressed with Lain when I watched it last year.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh, that’s a shame. :/ Anything in particular you disliked about it? I actually only got round to watching it myself a few months ago. I really enjoyed it, but I’m a sucker for anything surreal or dream-like and it’s rare to find anime that does that well.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh, that’s a shame. :/ Anything in particular you disliked about it? I actually only got round to watching it myself a few months ago. I really enjoyed it, but I’m a sucker for anything surreal or dream-like and it’s rare to find anime that does that well.
    I didn't really dislike it, but I had heard so many times of how great a series it was, and I guess it just didn't live up to that hype in my mind. Same thing happened when I watched the original Ghost in the Shell.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm finding it very hard to find any anime which I care enough about at all, like you have said Cosmic very few have struck a chord with me.

End of Evangelion was what I was first exposed to anime with, nothing ever shocked me as much as seeing that as a 13 year old.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME SO?!

https://www.gog.com/game/grandia_ii_anniversary_edition

...............arg.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    I'm finding it very hard to find any anime which I care enough about at all, like you have said Cosmic very few have struck a chord with me.

End of Evangelion was what I was first exposed to anime with, nothing ever shocked me as much as seeing that as a 13 year old.
    I'm sort of getting like this, I still watch a lot, but it isn't like how it was when I first started like 3 years ago (that seems so long ago but it wasn't lol). I'm trying to branch out on what I watch, I recently started looking into some sport animes and have had some decent ones. But right now I have like 8-9 shows that I'm watching that are currently airing and I only really like 3 of them. The others I am several weeks behind on.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    I didn't really dislike it, but I had heard so many times of how great a series it was, and I guess it just didn't live up to that hype in my mind. Same thing happened when I watched the original Ghost in the Shell.
    That's another one I need to rewatch. For what it's worth I remember feeling a little underwhelmed with it too, though it must be said I was only 13 or 14 at the time and it was one of the first anime films I ever saw. And yeah my friend had hyped it to death for me too. I'd probably enjoy it more if I saw it again now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's another one I need to rewatch. For what it's worth I remember feeling a little underwhelmed with it too, though it must be said I was only 13 or 14 at the time and it was one of the first anime films I ever saw. And yeah my friend had hyped it to death for me too. I'd probably enjoy it more if I saw it again now.
    I should give one of the TV series of it a shot, like Stand Alone Complex or something

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post

When I originally saw Evangelion I binge watched most of the later episodes in an evening, skipped the last two and went straight to End of Eva. I'd still recommend anyone watching it for the first time go that route. It's certainly the most impactful way to experience it. Even now I'm struggling to recall any other piece of media that has left me feeling quite as numb as that film did on the first viewing.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    I should give one of the TV series of it a shot, like Stand Alone Complex or something
    SAC is pretty solid. Some diehard fans of the original movie don't like it, but all GITS is good imo, although one of the movies (Innocence) looks a little weird.
    Even Arise is ok.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    SAC is pretty solid. Some diehard fans of the original movie don't like it, but all GITS is good imo, although one of the movies (Innocence) looks a little weird.
    Even Arise is ok.
    Maybe I'll look into it if i find the time to catch up on all my other ones and still have spare time.