Thread: Pokemon ROM won't load in DeSmuME

Thanks

Default Pokemon ROM won't load in DeSmuME

I am new to emulators and roms and i downloaded some roms but a few won't open in DeSmuME they are grayed out and won't let me load them. Im using IOS for mac, any answers to help me play pokemon, the rom i am trying to open but can't is pokemon pearl and a few others

Thanks
    EP Points

i don't know how mac works (windows user here) but on windows you can right click the rom file and click "open with" then set it to open the files with the emulator in question just by double clicking the rom file(s). is there a similar way of doing this on mac?

Thanks

yes you can do so on mac as well, but it won't load it. nothing happens. the emulator won't recognize/ load/open it. The DeSuME emulator opens pokemon black but doesn't open other pokemon ds roms they are grayed out and unable to load the rom idk why. thanks for the reply.

Thanks
    EP Points

Try extracting the NDS file inside the RAR archive and see if DeSmuME works with that.

It might be having trouble getting that cuzz that's what it needs to play the game.

If it still fails try redownloading if anything, your file may have not finished downloading or got broken on the way over to your computer.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pokemongenius For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thankk you, that was it, you're amazing, you made my day !