Thread: PS Controller Issue

Thanks

Default PS Controller Issue

I am currently streaming on the ePSXe 1.9 emulator and I am wanting to use a playstation three or xbox controller to play the game instead of using the keyboard. I have no idea how to approach this. Does anyone have links to videos or any advice?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I am not 100% sure, I think you can plug in a PS3 controller with the charger wire. If you have a wired 360 controller, just plug it in and drivers will install. Failing that you will need to buy a wireless receiver for them, which I hear aren't very good quality.

If you get the issue with left and right triggers (or L2/R2) not working at the same time you can get xpadder or joy2key and set those as keyboard keys.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

What type of controllers are you trying to use exactly, wired or wireless? For wireless PS3 controllers you'll need a bluetooth adapter, as the charging cable only transmits power, not data. Same deal with the plug-n-play cable for the wireless 360 controllers; like skullpoker said, these controllers require their own special receiver to be used on PC. Thankfully both can be found pretty cheap online, ~$10 each before shipping.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

No the PS3 one you can use the cable. Just the 360 one is charge only and will need the wireless adapter, unless he has a wired one of course.

Thanks
    EP Points

I use a PS3 controller for my emulation needs and you just plug up its charger USB cable that comes with the controller.

After that the computer will auto install drivers however the Ps3 drivers the computer installs don't work with the emu's for some reason.

For this we need one of two things: MotionJoy or SCP.

MotionJoy is a very fragile but working program that lets you use your Ps3 controller in 5 different modes: Ps1, PS2, Ps2 with pressure sensitivity, Ps3, and Xbox 360.

If you choose to use MJ I highly recommend always using Xbox mode it's compatible for all emu's out there and you can play PC which is another nice bonus.

SCP is a much more stable and in general better program that does just about the same thing although it auto sets Ps3 as Xbox 360.

When in Xbox Mode when playing PC there may be some confusion for the key mapping on the PC game in question, it will show Xbox controls on the screen but yet your holding a Ps3 controller.

Don't be alarmed by this as the Xbox 360 controller is hardly any different from Ps3 in fact the button mapping is identical so it'll be easy to figure out what does what.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    I am not 100% sure, I think you can plug in a PS3 controller with the charger wire. If you have a wired 360 controller, just plug it in and drivers will install. Failing that you will need to buy a wireless receiver for them, which I hear aren't very good quality.

If you get the issue with left and right triggers (or L2/R2) not working at the same time you can get xpadder or joy2key and set those as keyboard keys.
    Will the emulator recognize the xbox controller and be able to play old ps games via the xbox controller?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Right, I use a wired XBOX 360 controller for all of my emulators. I would prefer a PS3 pad but I wasn't sure how well they work. It seems like everybody else is saying they work fine, too.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.