Thread: How to get the right set of roms?? (MAME)

Thanks

Default How to get the right set of roms?? (MAME)

Hi all!
    I new to MAME. I'm attempting to build a Mame arcade cabinet. I'm starting with getting MAME to run on my main PC them move it over to a lesser PC in the cabinet.
    On this site one can get MAME roms. But I'm very confused as to which roms to get. I'm going to be running MAME .153. So I need 153 roms. But which downloads from this site do I need to get? DO I start with .149 rom set download, then get all the 'updates' downloads until I get to the .152-.153 update? Or do I need to start at the top of the download list .129 and work my way down to .153? And them merge them into a directory overwriting older roms with new ones? I'm looking to get all arcade games from Asteroids to Zaxxon
    Or is there a FAQ or some links that explain this?

Thanks
    EP Points

You use your email as your nickname and wonder why you get piles of spam? But I digress.

The current version of MAME is 0.163 (or 0.164 if you want to wait a week), so you should be using that. There's various sites with the latest roms, but not so many with old sets, like you're after.