Thread: Corrupt PSX2PSP Eboots

Thanks

Exclamation Corrupt PSX2PSP Eboots

So I'm pretty sure a number of the best games' eboots don't work. Here's a list I compiled:

FF8
    FF7
    Beyond the Beyond
    Musashi
    Granstream Saga
    Front Mission 3
    FF9
    Legend of Dragoon
    Parasite Eve 1
    Parasite Eve 2
    Saga Frontier 1
    Saga Frontier 2
    Silent Hill
    Star Ocean 2
    Suikoden
    Tales of Destiny
    BoF 3 and 4
    Bushido Blade 2
    Tales of Destiny 2
    Valkyrie Profile
    Vandal Hearts 2
    Wild Arms 2

Feel free to test and verify.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlienElite View Post
    So I'm pretty sure a number of the best games' eboots don't work. Here's a list I compiled:

FF8
    FF7
    Beyond the Beyond
    Musashi
    Granstream Saga
    Front Mission 3
    FF9
    Legend of Dragoon
    Parasite Eve 1
    Parasite Eve 2
    Saga Frontier 1
    Saga Frontier 2
    Silent Hill
    Star Ocean 2
    Suikoden
    Tales of Destiny
    BoF 3 and 4
    Bushido Blade 2
    Tales of Destiny 2
    Valkyrie Profile
    Vandal Hearts 2
    Wild Arms 2

Feel free to test and verify.
    I haven't bothered looking up everything on that list but why are you even trying to use conversions instead of PSOne Classics
    Fair point if they're actually corrupt shares, although I won't be testing any of them myself.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Also are you using an emulator or actual hardware because last I checked PPSSPP doesn't run Eboots.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, could you please share more details? In what way were they not working for you? I can look into replacing them, then.

Thanks
    EP Points

May I share one odd thing that honestly fixed some seemingly broken eboots for me? I mean assuming this is on a modded PSP of course, otherwise there is your problem

Download and unpack the file
    Remove the eboot from the folder
    Create a new folder and name it what you want
    Put eboot in new folder
    Put folder with eboot inside in correct place on PSP

Why does that work? Why not just rename the folder it comes in? I honestly have NO idea, but seriously try it as it has worked for me on more than one occasion!

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply guys.

I'm running a PSP 3000 with CFW 6.60. I need the Eboots because I stay mobile most the time. I have the popstation GUI to make my own, but don't know how to add the icons, wallpapers, combine discs, etc.

When I move them onto the PSP, they show the icon if they work. If they don't work, they show up as "corrupted data", while still taking up the same amount of space.

Rich, I think I'll try that with a "broken" one, but doubt that's it, since others I've downloaded work just fine.

Thanks for the help!

Fuckin A.

Beyond the Beyond just worked by changing folders...I have slow DL speeds and limited bandwidth here, but I'll go to my sisters and try others today.

I'll keep you updated.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 26th-July-2015 at 15:54. Reason: posts merged

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow, are there any hidden files in the folder that get created during extraction? This is really strange!

If you don't mind, @TheAlienElite could you please see if the others work? Or if anyone else wants to chime in, that helps too!

Thanks
    EP Points

To TheAlienElite,
    See how freaky it is when something that is both simple and makes no sense, actually works? As for making your own eboots? I suggest trying PSX2PSP (I'm using version 1.4.2), as a novice to this kind of stuff it's pretty easy to add my own background and icon etc.

To MasJ,
    I have checked numerous games and nope there is literally just the eboot inside the folder like there should be. I honestly wish I understood what making a new folder for it actually did and WHY it makes a difference though.
    Oh and if you change the name of the folder it doesn't work either, only if you make a new one and name it..... really strange.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have never gotten Brave Fencer Musashi to work. I have tried every version of POPS (I have a PSP 3000 with CFW 6.60) and it always freezes/reboots after I skip the opening video. I downloaded it from EP and usenet with the same result.

@TheAlienElite,

I can help you test out whichever ones don't work, so let me know, as I have a good cable connection.

I am curious about creating my own eboots, but like you, lack the time. There are many guides on doing this, but which tutorial is the best at creating eboots?
    Last edited by XC-3730C; 2nd-August-2015 at 19:08.

Thanks

Sorry for the absence guys. So far, simply making new folders for the eboots fixes the issue for the vast majority of files I've downloaded. I actually don't even attempt to use the eboots before doing this now.

Out of ~80 eboots, I only had 5 show up as corrupted data. What's weird though is that one of them, Lunar SSSC, had worked previously, so I'm not sure it's the eboots at all. Maybe something happens during the download? I just downloaded it again and will try it today or tomorrow.

As for making your own, I've only used popstation, but next time I might try the psx2psp that wad mentioned. I noticed that a few Eboots I got from ISO ZONE (because they have a few that have combined discs like Parasite Eve 2) have pretty awesome animations and music when selected on the menu that's what I'd like all mine to be like.

Oh and to XC, that's very strange about Musashi. Never had a problem with that one. I'm starting to wonder if the issue is connection or hardware based.

Thanks
    EP Points

TheAlienElite,

What settings do you use to get Brave Fencer Musashi to work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk