Thread: Dragon Quest 8 - which file to use to launch game?

Thanks

Default Dragon Quest 8 - which file to use to launch game?

This is my first time using pcsx2 1.2.1 and trying to emulate a game on it so hear me out.

I've got dragon quest 8 and have unzipped the download and put it in a folder in the pcsx2 folder as somewhere said to. I've already got pcsx2 and configured it etc so I'm pretty sure that's all fine.

Which file should I pick when choosing the iso via the pcsx2 menu? There's a BIN folder, a MODULE folder and a MOVIES folder and a few files i can pick from but none seem to work, it says "file not found" when i try to run it. I'm using the US BIOS which is the same as the game so I can't imagine that would be an issue either.

for reference, my configuration plugins are:

GsDX 0.1.16
    SPU2
    LilyPad
    DEV9nulldriver
    USBnulldriver
    FWnulldriver

I'm just confused because I can't actually find an ISO file anywhere even though it's one of the highest rated downloads.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sounds like you accidentally extracted the ISO file. Delete the extracted files (mentioned in your post) and go back a step, check if that file which you extracted is the .iso file (Right click -> Properties). You probably have .iso file associations with your extractor (WinRAR, 7zip ...).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toxic View Post
    Sounds like you accidentally extracted the ISO file. Delete the extracted files (mentioned in your post) and go back a step, check if that file which you extracted is the .iso file (Right click -> Properties). You probably have .iso file associations with your extractor (WinRAR, 7zip ...).
    this sounds like the problem based on another thread I saw, I've ended up with an image file which didn't seem right. I use 7zip, how would I go about fixing this? sorry I'm not familiar with this kinda stuff.