Thread: Is it possible to run emulators through the Xbox One?

Thanks

Question Is it possible to run emulators through the Xbox One?

A friend of mine would like to know how to run a nes emulator through his xbox one. I dont get this because I would just use my xbox one controller to play nes games on my pc but I dont think he understands how to use an emulator on a computer. Anyways all google searches lead to dead ends and all youtube videos regarding this are fake but there had to be a way because I could run N64 roms on my wii with very little modding through the Sd card so the xbox one is more than capable. Has nobody came out with a hack or homebrew yet? are there plans to? am I not looking hard enough? please help! my reputation as a nerd is on the line thank you

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

As far as I know there are no confirmed hacks for the Xbox one as of yet though the SDK has been leaked it has yet to of been hacked

I prefer consoles though myself over emulating on a PC most of my emulation comes on my original Xbox the rest I have the actual consoles

Nintendo I have N64 up to Wii (GBA to 3DS) [Not go a WiiU yet]
    Sega I have the Saturn up over
    Sony I just have the lot, including PSP and Vita
    Microsoft I have a Xbox and 360, [Not got the Xbox one yet]

Even if there is an exploit when the time comes the chances are it will get blocked ASAP with a firmware update so if this is something that is wanted always look out for real exploits before updating, though the amount of bated sites is beyond a joke with fake information and or viral downloads, the same happened with all the 3DS emulators back in the day that there is still no real one that can play retail games though there is a real 3DS emulator now just in WIP (does not play retail anything)

If your friend wants to use a console the Wii is the easiest console to hack and has a good selection of emulators for it and can be found cheap for a pre owned one, best ones have gamecube ports so a normal pad can be hooked up newer versions of the Wii do not have GameCube ports though

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR