Thread: why is there no categories on emuparadise for xp and 98 roms?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default why is there no categories on emuparadise for xp and 98 roms?

As I said, why is there no categories on emuparadise for xp and 98 roms? I have a quite a few old 98 games any way. Could I upload them to the main site? or driverdisks for action replays, if they aren't already there?

Is the newest copyright date on a case sufficient for the 10 year limit? some of my games I am not certain of the release date and there may have been several diffrent releases. I actually have a sonic and knuckles collection but the front and back artwork are very different from the one here, I also have monopoly and there were only 12 thousand versions of that released.

side note: anyone know if the monopoly released by kellogs cereal would be the same as the westwood studios product #44036 win 3.1 to win95 last copyright 1997 version I have? or the same as the play station 1 or ps2 release, I have both of those as well, I like monopoly. I know the kellogs monopoly junior disk should be different.
    Last edited by scrapjack; 7th-July-2015 at 00:30.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Members can't upload to the main site.

But you can post PC games 10+ years old here in the forums:
    http://www.epforums.org/forumdisplay...ears-old-Links

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

That still doesn't answer why the main site would not have categories under pc for different operating systems.
    Also it seems they can't be uploaded there either only links to other sites where the files actually are, either way it seems odd that the site would have two separate places to search for the same content.

out of curiosity where do the iso files on the main site come from if not the members? I saw it asking for the descriptions and screenshots.
    Last edited by scrapjack; 7th-July-2015 at 23:06. Reason: bonus question

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

The files on the main site may or may not have come from members, in the vast majority of cases such dumps would not have been made by them anyway so it isn't really relevant.
    I can't upload to the main site, if everybody could then all sorts of things could possibly be uploaded there. Descriptions and screenshots are a different story...that is much the same as reviews.

The owner maintains the main site uploads.
    Forum shares are pretty much policed by staff, although the owner does sometimes remove stuff from the forums uploads due to copyright complaint.
    The forums 10+ years old PC games section hasn't existed here for very long, it's relatively new compared to the other forums uploads sections.
    Abandonware etc on the main site have been there for much longer.

It isn't odd to have main site shares and forums shares.
    There are things that the owner does not want on the main site but are tolerated as shares here in the forums:
    Xbox.
    Wii.
    Xbox 360.
    PS3.

If you use the search function on the main site it will give results that include forum threads. Using search in the forums (or forums master lists) does not include main site stuff.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

thank you, that answered most of my questions. I am having trouble uploading a rar or zip of a win95/98 game, loading wheel spins for a while then acts as though nothing happened. the question mark says rar and zip files can be uploaded here, would I have to break up the file into multiple rars to accommodate a limit on size per attachment? Or, is there a limit per post, would I need to submit each rar as a separate comment?

also would it be fair to assume any game that states win98 as a preferred operating system to pass the 10 year requirement in case I am unable to come up with a date on the disk/floppy set?
    Last edited by scrapjack; 8th-July-2015 at 05:22. Reason: no double posting?