Thread: Purikura Daisakusen not working on MAME 0.161

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Purikura Daisakusen not working on MAME 0.161

I tested the game on a MAME build called "MAMEUI 0.148 cavesh3 nonag hiscore x32-x64" and it works perfectly there. But when I tested it on the official MAME 0.161, it gave me an error saying "The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images. Please select a different game."

I used exactly the same ROM on both MAME versions. So how come it works on an old unofficial build but not on a recent official one? I need some help.

Thanks
    EP Points

newer version of MAME likely requires extra files (this is common with new updates to the emulator). try loading the game in the newer version of MAME again and copy the list of missing files that appear in the error message here. i can probably sort it out fairly easily for you from there. also, latest MAME version is now MAMEUI163.

OR...one moment please...

is that the japanese title of the game or something? cause the closest match either in MAMEUI163 or here on the site that i see is Princess Clara Daisakusen (J 960910 V1.000). is that the game you're talking about?

boy, mame sure has a long list of games now. 32, 301 games listed in the emulator (this is obviously taking into account the various versions of games too though).

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you wish to get the up to date roms then please give me a PM and il point you in the right direction.

If you have the correct roms for the latest MAME then it will work just peachy.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.