Thread: Shenmue 2 burnable to 700 mb cd-r version?

Thanks

Default Shenmue 2 burnable to 700 mb cd-r version?

Anyway, I burned all 3 disc of shenmue 1 no problem but to my knowledge shenmue 2 is too large to burn. Most well known available downloads are gdi files which are for emulators which i can not run. I absolutely need a file that's able to be burned on 700 mb cd-r for actual hardware. I was close to just putting in the 60 dollars for banana brand 90min cd-r discs but i have heard nothing but negative reviews. 90min cd-r discs for some reason are very rare now so the 90min iso version of shenmue is out for me. I attempted to download an 80 min full voice iso from the iso zone only to find a dead link. Please, can someone just point me in the right direction? I would preferably avoid the English mod iso due to the horrible voice quality as well as no major things cut such as voices and or severely low quality.
    Last edited by shawnz; 30th-June-2015 at 01:28.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Used Banana brand 99min CD-R's myself they work just fine, just make sure you get them from a retailer that actually has them the first time I tried what I got was not 99min and was not even the Banana range discs

I posted about those some time back at http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?84694

The site I got mine from no longer stock them though but I am sure I never pulled that much out for them though

I have most of the Shenmue II rips though, including the full voice version both 80min and 99min versions

I done a few 99min rips myself because I could do that with a few games that normally would of have either something ripped or down sampled in them but with the 99min CD versions nothing was ripped saying that though Shenmue II would still not fin on 99min CD media so the 99min CD rip still has down sampling done but is a slightly higher quality that the 80min version (Not that noticeable to be honest though)

There is a Dreamcast mod now that lets you play GD dumps (GDI images) from a USB device directly on your Dreamcast this replaces the GD-Rom drive in your Dreamcast, might be worth saving for.

Or if you have an xbox (the original one) you can soft mod that and play the xbox version of Shenmue II with the undub mod
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-June-2015 at 04:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR