Thread: Cant load save files from BOTH desmume AND no$zoomer -HELP!!!!!

Thanks

Default Cant load save files from BOTH desmume AND no$zoomer -HELP!!!!!

My computer needs to be restored to its factory state every so often because its bad. I did a platinum nuzlocke and I would copy everything (tene emulator with the battery and just everything) and I just would load my USB flash drive into my new factory state and it would work fine with everything saved. I just did this with my heart gold, not only with desmume but no$gba/no$zoomer, and tested the emulators while in their USB. After I restore my computer, I plug in my USB and my desmume cannot open the rom. No$zoomer gives me a cart loader warning which happened with my regular no$gba when loading roms I needed no$zoomer to actually make them work, but I get one new error: bad header checksum (real game boy would shutdown) Dors that mean it won't load the file because its gone?
    This doesn't make sense because it worked fine with my other rom. I KNOW I copied everything and pasted it into my USB, and now it might be gone for good? I'm really frustrated because these were nuzlockes and I don't like starting over because it ruins the vale of my story which heavily subscribes to trial and error, learning from your mistakes, etc. What is going on??

Thanks
    EP Points

My experience using DS emulators is pretty limited, but based on your description, if I had to guess it sounds like the rom file you're now having issues with was corrupted at some point while being copied to and from your USB device. This can happen if its unplugged even just a little too soon after the normal "file copying" dialogue has gone away; even though the copying might appear to be done, the actual copying process can last a few seconds after that goes away. If that is what happened (and it wasn't your saves that got borked), just downloading a new copy of the offending rom file should fix the issue.

As an aside, concerning your "factory restore" issue, if there were something physically wrong with your computer, doing a system restore wouldn't fix whatever issues you were having before doing it: it's more likely that that whatever issues you keep running into are malware ("virus") related.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

(Double post, meant to quote)
    Last edited by societylocke; 28th-June-2015 at 22:02.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    My experience using DS emulators is pretty limited, but based on your description, if I had to guess it sounds like the rom file you're now having issues with was corrupted at some point while being copied to and from your USB device. This can happen if its unplugged even just a little too soon after the normal "file copying" dialogue has gone away; even though the copying might appear to be done, the actual copying process can last a few seconds after that goes away. If that is what happened (and it wasn't your saves that got borked), just downloading a new copy of the offending rom file should fix the issue.

As an aside, concerning your "factory restore" issue, if there were something physically wrong with your computer, doing a system restore wouldn't fix whatever issues you were having before doing it: it's more likely that that whatever issues you keep running into are malware ("virus") related.
    What you said worked, however I have another problem with my no$zoomer. I feel awkward posting a thread about it here since I already posted 2 other threads that are still at the top of the forum (including this one). There is a slight lag with my graphics (walking, etc) when I play on that emulator, though the sound is normal. Compare that to the desmume, which is pretty much the opposite, but with occasional graphics lag as well. Considering that no$zoomer is the better emulator, is there anything that will fix the graphic lag? I've tried google but it failed me.

And for the record, I did system recovery just to have my computer reinstall network adapters. I couldn't access the Internet to reinstall them.