Thread: problem with Japanese ps1 memory card reader, controller adapter combo, memory card not seen

Thanks
    EP Points

Default problem with Japanese ps1 memory card reader, controller adapter combo, memory card not seen

I have a "PC TSUNAIDENT USB MEMORITORU Link Cable for Playstation." I was given a link for drivers, altogether I saw 3 different install guilds none of which mentioned the memory card reader, which was why I bought this particular adapter. The controller portion seems to work great although I never did get vibration to work. One of the drivers was labeled "powerjoy." From what I could determine it was made by a company called "game tech" that is a Japanese company not the guy who used to mod NES's.
    The adapter has a male and female headphone port with unknown purpose, a 25 pin trapezoid connector, a usb connector, a ps1 memory card port, and a ps1 controller port

I'd really like to back up my 7(possibly more) ps 2 memory cards on to my computer, I'll settle for my 3 ps1 cards if I have to, it'd be a start.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15012105031.jpg 
Views:	2247 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	44641

Name:	15012105030.jpg 
Views:	566 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	44642

Name:	15012105032.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	44643

Name:	15012105029.jpg 
Views:	715 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	44645

Edit: the controller is recognized by my computer as "Force Modulator for Playstation" in the control panel if that helps. I'd appreciate any information about this adapter, I listed basically all I know. I do have semi-functional win 98 and win xp towers to test something, the install guide said it was designed for ps1's.

Edit: what info can I add to get an answer?
    Last edited by scrapjack; 28th-June-2015 at 23:00. Reason: proof reading flipped photo upright

Thanks
    EP Points

Partially related side question. I have a joystick for an apple 2 computer that I'll need to buy a serial to usb adapter for my laptop. if I remember right the dexplorer I think it was called( it read p1 memory cards on pc) had a dsub 25 connector as well. The adapter cable I'm looking at for my joystick says it can work with a dsub 25 to serial adapter plugged into the serial side to run dsub 25 stuff on a pc.

Now the question, could the dexplorer function plugged into a computer through a serial adapter? I ask because if it could, Mine might as well, and I figure more people are probably familiar with that device.

also, I was mistaken in my previous post, not game gear but game tech, this is the website, it been several days with no response from this forum. this is as far as I could trace the item, I had difficulty navigating their site. http://shop.gametech.co.jp/ this is how I traced it. http://segaretro.org/DC_Tsunaident_123