Thread: Need help fixing Heart Gold sprite "ghost" glitch, and I suspect it's messing with my natures

Thanks

Default Need help fixing Heart Gold sprite "ghost" glitch, and I suspect it's messing with my natures

I'm using desmume 0.9.10. I downloaded a NTEVO rom (google it) which only edits pokemon evolutions that otherwise need to be traded to evolve (like, graveler will evolve into golem at level 45). This worked fine when I downloaded platinum. I noticed I couldn't find a zip folder to extract my files on any roms besides platinum, but the evolutions still worked on my heart gold rom (I tested). When I started playing I would on occasion get these weird glitches after walking out of buildings (similar to this: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Z56nE4joJLo/hqdefault.jpg) and then my top screen would go black leaving me to have to save my file, reset and resume. Eventually I adapted as this could happen as frequent as every 2 mins to almost as long as an hour in between. Then as I caught more pokemon I noticed a trend with my natures. They ALL affected defense/special defense in some way positively or negatively. Nothing but lonely, bold, careful, naive, etc. and sometimes id get 2 or more with the same nature. it didnt seem like a geniune roll of the die to me (which is what rng is pretty much) and way too much of a coincidence. The only one who had a nature with neutral defenses was my starter who had a quiet (+special attack, -speed) nature. EVERY pokemon I caught had a nature affecting defenses. (For the record im at azalea and ive caught 10 pokemon) I decided to investigate by using at codes to catch multiple pokemon quick just to check their natures. out of about 30 or so pokemon i inspected, for every 1 or 2 that had natures that didn't affect defense, say jolly or modest, there were 4 or 5 others that did affect def/spd. In other words, it was like 80-90% defense/special defense affected. And sometimes I would get 3 or 4 in a row that affected defenses in some way. Like I said, doesn't seem like a geniune die roll. I think both this sprite glitch and these sketchy sets of natures may be related, the glitch might be messing with the code a bit. I don't know for sure, just intuition. But if this affectswild pokemon, couldn't it also affect trainer pokemon natures as well? That gives me a fixed element to the game that I definitely do not enjoy, especially in a nuzlocke challenge. And I definitely do not want to start a new rom. I like the trial and error and learning from mistakes/no second chances aspect of a nuzlocke so starting over with a new rom would completely ruin the experience for me.

So, is there a patch or something that will help me fix this? Not just the glitch, but the similar nature problem as well? (Or is that just a coincidence)?

And please excuse my bad spelling/punctuation/grammar/**** posting, I'm using my iPod wifi because my Internet is broke and I'm really tired.

Thanks

Can I get a reply?