Page 265 of 267 FirstFirst ... 165215255260261262263264265266267 LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 4005

Thread: The Cheat-Out: Save states are for champs.

Thanks
    EP Points

And Rune your Factory.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ruin would sound better, though.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kirov View Post
    Personally I attribute my enjoyment of geography to playing Carmen Sandiego when I was a kid. No idea if you know what that game is.
    Haha, I do actually! Fond memories of playing that with my brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by kirov View Post
    Aren't there two languages spoken in Scotland, Ulster Scots and Scottish Gaelic?? Not sure about the difference.
    Don't know about Scottish Gaelic but Irish Gaelic is hell to learn
    Depends on who you ask, really. Gaelic is indisputably a language completely separate from English, but I'd personally only consider Scots to be a dialect of English myself. And if you do choose to consider it a language, then you'd probably also have to consider the dialect spoken in the Shetland Islands to be a separate language too given that it's just is distinct and different to Scots (thanks to heavy Scandinavian influences) as Scots is itself to English. So depending on your definitions of language, there are anything from two to four languages here. There's also the language spoken on the Island of Man (Manx), but it's debatable whether that's actually a part of Scotland or the UK in general.

Scottish Gaelic is very similar to Irish Gaelic according to a friend who speaks both, so I'd imagine that the difficulties involved are pretty much the same. And yeah, I'm finding it tough. It's not particularly phonetic at all, the word roots are generally alien when compared to other European languages, and its use of verb-subject-object grammar (which is rare and only really shared by Hawaiian, Tagalog and its fellow Celtic languages to the best of my knowledge) means that I can't really rely upon my knowledge of other grammar systems in any way. There's also the issue of there just not being very many resources out there to learn it. Most of the languages I've tried until now have been at least semi-popular and spoken by a very large group of people, but Scots Gaelic is an extreme minority language and one that has also been damaged by years of oppression and regulation. There aren't that many native speakers of the language out there, it's only been recently that art has begun to reemerge in the language, and even the textbooks can be very basic and not particularly useful. Obviously things are getting better over the last twenty or thirty years with the Scottish government putting a lot of energy and money into it, but it's still nowhere near as easy to get into as something like French, German or even Japanese. Think I'm going to have a lot more trouble with it than many other languages that are culturally and geographically more "foreign". :'D

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Ray will harvest your moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    And Rune your Factory.
    There's another game in the series called Innocent Life. Evidently a prequel, then?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    There's another game in the series called Innocent Life. Evidently a prequel, then?
    Oh dear.

Thanks
    EP Points

Online trophies are completely idiotic.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Spose' View Post
    Pretty much. MP can be a chore for many games simply because most hardcore players have excellent connections, so it's not just a matter of skill advantage.
    I really think it would be better if any MP trophies were bonus trophies and not needed for with Sony consoles. Co-op is a little different, it can be quite reasonable...at least for the games I've played anyway.

But then you also have crap servers, lobby systems etc.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I like your PSN nick. Learning Chinese? Or just passionate about tea?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Pretty much. MP can be a chore for many games simply because most hardcore players have excellent connections, so it's not just a matter of skill advantage.
    I really think it would be better if any MP trophies were bonus trophies and not needed for with Sony consoles. Co-op is a little different, it can be quite reasonable...at least for the games I've played anyway.

But then you also have crap servers, lobby systems etc.
    That or the games are dead and have very very large requirements.
    I like your PSN nick. Learning Chinese? Or just passionate about tea?
    Mixture of both, but Tea is life.

Thanks
    EP Points

Haha, I do actually! Fond memories of playing that with my brothers.

Depends on who you ask, really. Gaelic is indisputably a language completely separate from English, but I'd personally only consider Scots to be a dialect of English myself. And if you do choose to consider it a language, then you'd probably also have to consider the dialect spoken in the Shetland Islands to be a separate language too given that it's just is distinct and different to Scots (thanks to heavy Scandinavian influences) as Scots is itself to English. So depending on your definitions of language, there are anything from two to four languages here. There's also the language spoken on the Island of Man (Manx), but it's debatable whether that's actually a part of Scotland or the UK in general.

Scottish Gaelic is very similar to Irish Gaelic according to a friend who speaks both, so I'd imagine that the difficulties involved are pretty much the same. And yeah, I'm finding it tough. It's not particularly phonetic at all, the word roots are generally alien when compared to other European languages, and its use of verb-subject-object grammar (which is rare and only really shared by Hawaiian, Tagalog and its fellow Celtic languages to the best of my knowledge) means that I can't really rely upon my knowledge of other grammar systems in any way. There's also the issue of there just not being very many resources out there to learn it. Most of the languages I've tried until now have been at least semi-popular and spoken by a very large group of people, but Scots Gaelic is an extreme minority language and one that has also been damaged by years of oppression and regulation. There aren't that many native speakers of the language out there, it's only been recently that art has begun to reemerge in the language, and even the textbooks can be very basic and not particularly useful. Obviously things are getting better over the last twenty or thirty years with the Scottish government putting a lot of energy and money into it, but it's still nowhere near as easy to get into as something like French, German or even Japanese. Think I'm going to have a lot more trouble with it than many other languages that are culturally and geographically more "foreign". :'D
    Oh the dialects, I hate the dialects. Just the other day I was talking to my Mom in Irish and we got into a disagreement about how something was pronounced, as it turns out we where both right because of the different dialects. That sort off thing happens all the time.

Im not very good at languages. Honestly I don't speak Irish well, or at all really, mostly I just understand it. I only learnt as much was needed for school, the same applies to my understanding of Spanish. But Spanish is very easy to learn, in fact I got to be fairly decent at Spanish but I never used it so it rapidly declined after I stopped studying it.
    But if ever anyone(who I know only speaks English) asks me how many languages I speak I usually say that I speak four languages, Irish, English, Spanish, and Sarcasm.

Thanks
    EP Points

Tea is life.
    So short, so simple, so profound, so true.

Thanks
    EP Points

Kirov are you also Irish?

Thanks
    EP Points

I turn 24 today, and it's also 8 years since my nana died. Hate my birthday. Just visited my Grandad and we didn't even say anything about what day it is.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Why yes Ebay seller, I'm sure it will go quite well if you sent this AD&D box set in a mailer.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    Kirov are you also Irish?
    Yes, yes I am.

Irish by birth, Munster by the grace of God.