Page 261 of 267 FirstFirst ... 161211251256257258259260261262263264265266 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 4005

Thread: The Cheat-Out: Save states are for champs.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kirov View Post
    I spent some time in North America recently. The amount of people who think that Ireland and the UK are both on situated on the same island is something else. I had someone ask me if I drive to France often and they knew full well that I don't live in England. The Channel Tunnel does exist but seriously
    Haha, yeah, I haven't really had the best experiences with American friends and European geography either. :'D Then again, I've also known Scottish people who thought that Montreal was in Alaska and New York was the capital of the US, so it goes both ways I guess.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Really now? never knew Woolsey did Shadow Madness , games not that bad if you have a open mind, hell the dialog is enough to make ya want to play it because its funny.
    Same could be said for numerous things you don't like.

There is a lot wrong with Shadow Madness. I'd give it around a 4.5/10.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Phineas Squiggletail, Esq View Post
    Same could be said for numerous things you don't like.
    Fuck WRPG crap.

There is a lot wrong with Shadow Madness. I'd give it around a 4.5/10.
    No shit there is alot wrong with it but its still a enjoyable ride, I beat it a few times when I was younger.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Fuck WRPG crap.
    Whoa there bessy. Guess your mind isn't so open after all.

Thanks
    EP Points

Really now? never knew Woolsey did Shadow Madness , games not that bad if you have a open mind, hell the dialog is enough to make ya want to play it because its funny.
    Yeah, he founded his own company after leaving Square, and they were bought out midway through the game's development by Crave. Unfortunately the game didn't sell and they quickly went bust. A shame, as whatever faults his writing had, I still think it was a lot better than a good chunk of what was going back then. It might have been interesting to see what his team did with a bit more time and experience.

I went in with a very open mind. Really wanted to like it, as back then I was learning to program with the dream of developing Final Fantasy styled games (lol), and seeing other non-Japanese people doing the same was really exciting to me. I really wanted to like it, but I didn't think it was very good at all. Script is fun, but it wasn't nearly strong enough to carry the game for me, even back then when I was a "story / dialogue first" kind of gamer. It felt a lot like Woolsey was the only one involved who wasn't completely new to the industry, as nearly every other aspect of the game was horribly amateurish. Don't think it's the worst RPG on the PS1, mind, but personally it's not one I remember fondly at all.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    Haha, yeah, I haven't really had the best experiences with American friends and European geography either. :'D Then again, I've also known Scottish people who thought that Montreal was in Alaska and New York was the capital of the US, so it goes both ways I guess.
    The best/worst question I have ever been asked was "did you have to fly over Ukraine?" This question was asked just after I explained that I flew from London, Heathrow to Toronto, Pearson. This happened a few weeks after the flight had been shot down over Ukraine so I guess this guy's hype sensors were set to full.

I guess I have always been good at geography, so I tend to be less understanding of people who don't know where countries are located on a map. I used to be able to name all the US states and their respective Capitals, not really an important skill for a non-American. My Canadian geography is pretty good too...or at least I think it is.

Thanks
    EP Points

The best/worst question I have ever been asked was "did you have to fly over Ukraine?" This question was asked just after I explained that I flew from London, Heathrow to Toronto, Pearson. This happened a few weeks after the flight had been shot down over Ukraine so I guess this guy's hype sensors were set to full.

I guess I have always been good at geography, so I tend to be less understanding of people who don't know where countries are located on a map. I used to be able to name all the US states and their respective Capitals, not really an important skill for a non-American. My Canadian geography is pretty good too...or at least I think it is.
    Jeez, yeah, paranoia and exposure to limited news feeds can warp people's limited knowledge of the world even further. I remember my friend saying that her mum cautioned her about the risk she'd face of North Korean missile strikes during her holiday in Thailand. Nevermind that Thailand suffered a major military coup in 2014 and martial law was still in place when she visited. No no, it was the threat of missile strikes that worried her mum. :'D

Hah, conversely, I think my generally sucky spacial awareness and geographical knowledge may have something to do with my being generally more lenient. :'D Certainly getting better in recent years thanks to my love of foreign languages, and I'm not sure I'd ever expect a London to Toronto flight to take an unexpected detour across Ukrainian airspace, but suffice to say geography wasn't exactly my strong suit back in school. Particularly when it came to things like US states and capitals.

Thanks
    EP Points

@Tassadar, if you're still here: Am I remembering correctly that you said you spoke some Irish Gaelic? Have been learning Scots Gaelic slowly recently, and you popped into my head.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Even I know Seoul is Korea.
    I've been doing a run of the old Mash tv show so now I know that too!!

TV the teacher

Thanks
    EP Points

Montreal in Alaska

Made me giggle.

Thanks
    EP Points

Jeez, yeah, paranoia and exposure to limited news feeds can warp people's limited knowledge of the world even further. I remember my friend saying that her mum cautioned her about the risk she'd face of North Korean missile strikes during her holiday in Thailand. Nevermind that Thailand suffered a major military coup in 2014 and martial law was still in place when she visited. No no, it was the threat of missile strikes that worried her mum. :'D

Hah, conversely, I think my generally sucky spacial awareness and geographical knowledge may have something to do with my being generally more lenient. :'D Certainly getting better in recent years thanks to my love of foreign languages, and I'm not sure I'd ever expect a London to Toronto flight to take an unexpected detour across Ukrainian airspace, but suffice to say geography wasn't exactly my strong suit back in school. Particularly when it came to things like US states and capitals.
    Personally I attribute my enjoyment of geography to playing Carmen Sandiego when I was a kid. No idea if you know what that game is.

@Tassadar, if you're still here: Am I remembering correctly that you said you spoke some Irish Gaelic? Have been learning Scots Gaelic slowly recently, and you popped into my head.
    Aren't there two languages spoken in Scotland, Ulster Scots and Scottish Gaelic?? Not sure about the difference.
    Don't know about Scottish Gaelic but Irish Gaelic is hell to learn

Thanks
    EP Points

Watching the first alternate Universe episode in DS9!!! So good

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Watching the first alternate Universe episode in DS9!!! So good
    JENNIFER!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    JENNIFER!!!
    She's not in the first one

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh really?

Well time to test this.

We have only one province named for an island but I am from a province that shares a name with one. The people think themselves Italian but their blood runs pink. I'm specifically located in the capital.

Can you find me or shall I instead baptize this city in fire and move on to a new land?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Montreal in Alaska

Made me giggle.
    Sarah Palin can still see it from her kitchen window.