Page 252 of 267 FirstFirst ... 152202242247248249250251252253254255256257262 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 4005

Thread: The Cheat-Out: Save states are for champs.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    There's a new DragonBall anime.

I bet borly would love to see it.
    I choose to believe that he's too busy watching it to check in and see us. It's less painful that way.

Thanks
    EP Points

Evans' arse is presenting new Top Gear. You heard it here first chaps!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    For the first time in my life, I am interested in watching Top Gear.

Thanks
    EP Points

I hope the three of the old cast make some new car show because honestly that was why people watched it.

Also I have no doubt Clarkson was a massive arse to work with, that was partially his appeal however, that he was a loud prima dona but to actually work with him...

Thanks
    EP Points

Playing NTSC-U Lo

Get that reusable attack all item in disc 3
    Battle starts
    Use item
    Battle ends
    Win game

Although that does explain a bit. Some bosses would drop dead before you had a chance to see all the dialogue or properly finish the scripted fight (the final boss comes to mind).
    Haha, sounds like they knew they had a broken game with the Japanese version, but couldn't be bothered to put the effort in to actually balance it properly, and just wound up breaking it in a different way. :'D I read somewhere that attack items were vastly increased in power in the English version too (they're pretty useless in the Japanese one, by what I remember), so that seems to make sense. Kind of sucks to know that it's just as crippled by poor balance in the English one too, albeit in a slightly less unfun way.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    I choose to believe that he's too busy watching it to check in and see us. It's less painful that way.
    Will Broly still be the strongest? Will Borly ever Borly where this Borly is Borly?

STAY TUNED!

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Assless chaps in this case.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    I hope the three of the old cast make some new car show because honestly that was why people watched it.

Also I have no doubt Clarkson was a massive arse to work with, that was partially his appeal however, that he was a loud prima dona but to actually work with him...
    They've just signed a deal with Amazon, they're coming back 2016.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, I did read that, I'm glad to hear that.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Haha, I remember actually laughing at how bad the graphics for Legend of Dragoon were when I played it for the first time a couple of years ago. Seriously can't believe something like that was ever considered good. :'D Though I wound up abandoning the game near the start of the fourth disc for other reasons anyway. Still regret it a little given how far I was and how much I was liking the vibe it had (it was essentially Sony attempting to make a Final Fantasy game in the style of that era, so it was a big nostalgia rush, and felt like playing a big budget PS1 Square game that I had missed~ ), but it's one of the most poorly balanced games I've ever played in its Japanese incarnation. Most of the game is exactly the same except that everything has hugely inflated HP totals over the English version. And since it's a slow battle system as is, random encounters drag on and on, and bosses in the second half of the game can take well over an hour to finish. Which would be fine if they were actually more challenging and you were even at risk of a game over, but generally speaking they're not, and you're not. So it's just turn after turn of slowly chipping away HP totals that are set waaaaaaay too high. And god help you if you mess up and get a game over. :'D

By the time I reached the fourth disc, my game timer was around 62 hours, and I had pretty much proceeded in a straight line through the game without any levelling. Just didn't seem worth it eventually. ._. I've seen people online complaining that the US version "dumbed down" the difficulty for a US audience, but I don't think most of them actually played it in Japanese, as those HP totals made the second half of the game, in particular, painfully unfun and slow as molasses. Suffice to say there's a reason that it isn't remembered as fondly over there as it is in the west.
    Of course not, and requiring long battles isn't difficulty, it's tedium. But people have to bitch about something.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Haha, sounds like they knew they had a broken game with the Japanese version, but couldn't be bothered to put the effort in to actually balance it properly, and just wound up breaking it in a different way. :'D I read somewhere that attack items were vastly increased in power in the English version too (they're pretty useless in the Japanese one, by what I remember), so that seems to make sense. Kind of sucks to know that it's just as crippled by poor balance in the English one too, albeit in a slightly less unfun way.
    I avoided using items because it just broke the hell out of the game. You pretty much become invincible outside of the gimmick boss fights (like that staff monster). Also you get a shit ton of them so good luck not having a dozen off brand megalixers before you finish the first disk. Also that reusable item is unmissable (although if you're a huge moron it is possible to only get a weaker version or a single use variant). Also there's an item that gives 100% escape chance to encounters. Also reusable.

Divine Dragon is still a bag of dicks though. I think Ivolt and I discussed that one a while back. He had no memory card and had to clear the game without shutting off his system. Hilarity ensued.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I'd much rather have the option to do something like that then have to trudge through a total borefest. Of course, if a game gets too grindy on me I will just cheat and not give a shit.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post

Even as someone who was no fan of Top Gear and who despised Clarkson as a person, I can't really imagine it'd be the same show without him. He pretty much was Top Gear, and a huge part of the show's appeal was in his caustic, arrogant persona. They were kind of screwed, really, as they couldn't not let him go after what happened, but it must have been obvious to everyone involved that he was going to be virtually irreplaceable.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Divine Dragon is still a bag of dicks though. I think Ivolt and I discussed that one a while back. He had no memory card and had to clear the game without shutting off his system. Hilarity ensued.
    Was this 2001 or something? I don't even remember what PS1 mem cards having value feels like.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Phineas Squiggletail, Esq View Post
    Was this 2001 or something? I don't even remember what PS1 mem cards having value feels like.
    It was a strange, strange time indeed.

Also this is Ivolt we're talking about so strangeness comes with the territory.

He tells us tales of this mystical fantasy world called new york.

And we are all in awe.

Thanks
    EP Points

Jesus Christ, finishing a JRPG without a memory card? That's hardcore. We rented and finished Soul Reaver 2 without a PS2 memory card back when we first got our PS2, and even that entailed an all nighter and lots of Red Bull. Admittedly we were working without a walkthrough and had to solve all the puzzles on our own, but it was still only about 10 hours tops, not the 30+ it takes it finish most major JRPGs. I'm starting to understand where all of Ivolt's rage comes from.