Page 118 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1868108113114115116117118119120121122123128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 4005

Thread: The Cheat-Out: Save states are for champs.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Subgenre of shmups but different enough to deserve it's own classification imo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoot_...up#Run_and_gun

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    However, I have friends who want me to teach them fighting games. So, I share the pain.
    Let me know when they make it to the finals in EVO.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Let me know when they make it to the finals in EVO.
    I'm not good in Street Fighter. Thank God they don't want me to teach them that.

But Skullgirls, I'm a bit better there.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Phineas Squiggletail, Esq View Post
    Subgenre of shmups but different enough to deserve it's own classification imo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoot_...up#Run_and_gun
    wow a sub-genre. the things I learn here.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm not good in Street Fighter. Thank God they don't want me to teach them that.

But Skullgirls, I'm a bit better there.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Grouch View Post
    wow a sub-genre. the things I learn here.
    Basically it's a horizontal scrolling shmup where you have limited movement.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You wish you had those skillz.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Can't be like me, I don't use fight sticks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Can't be like me, I don't use fight sticks.
    Imagine lil korean kid using a pad instead of a stick, problem solved.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Imagine lil korean kid using a pad instead of a stick, problem solved.

Thanks
    EP Points

thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    That's easily solved. As a bonus I'd get to annoy DL in person.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

The problem with that of course is it's risky because most people don't want to read. Lol.

Anyway, Riddick Assault on Dark Athena arrived today. Been playing the retooling of Assault on Butcher Bay that's also included. Aside from the dumb AI it's a really fun game. And Vin Diesel does do the voice of Riddick in the game which is awesome.
    Yeah, the AI isn't the best But besides that they're fun games.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Sapphire is a $400 game but yeah still ridiculous. Fortunately it was brought to PSP and that only runs about $40 these days. Lots of the US Turbo games are ridiculously expensive at this point. I only really plan to get the WD games and I've already nabbed Cadash and Vasteel. The rest I think will be Japanese unless I luck out.

In fact here is all I have so far including stuff in the mail: Racing Damashii, Cadash, Vasteel, Dragon Spirit, Salamander, Side Arms, Super Star Soldier, Final Soldier, PC Genjin, PC Genjin 2, PC Genjin 3, Momotaro Katsugeki, Image Fight, Ordyne (this game is adorable!), Kyukyoku Tiger, Adventure Island (Dragon's Curse in the US, secretly Wonder Boy III or something like that), R-Type I and Puyo Puyo. I really want to get the first Spriggan and Download (yes this is the name of a game lol) 1 and 2. But I need to cool it for now.

Lots of really fun games there. Really enjoyed what I've played so far. Dat old school challenge.

For Dreamcast I picked up Garou MotW, Last Blade 2 and Choko Senki Kikaioh. I sold my US copies of those games for $160 and got Japanese versions for $66 shipped.
    Ah yeah, right enough! Forgot it was rereleased for the PSP. That looks like a good collection you're building already. :3 Plenty of titles I don't know, so will do some Googling and see if there's anything I wanna try~

Last Blade 2 is greatest SNK fighting game. <3

They made Alundra a lot more fun as well imo. Mostly because they made it more challenging. Easy games are boring! They went overboard with SM though.

Indeed. That game was dubbed in English in Japan. Can't remember if that's been brought up here before or not. No wonder it's such a rubbish dub.

@Nem: Spoiler: That is the story.
    Have actually still never played Alundra! Had the PAL version back in the day which (to the best of my knowledge) was based on WD's version, but was kind of going through a down period when I wasn't doing much gaming, so never got around to trying it. Have to dig it out one of these days.

Yeah, I think we spoke about that before. Because dubbing in Japan worked out so well for Shenmue, right? Now if you'll excuse me, there are some sailors I have to find...

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    You realise bad voice acting exists in Japan as well right? There's plenty of games and anime that sound horrendous even in the original language.
    This. I'd say that up until the 2000s the Japanese dubs for anime and (particularly) Japanese games were usually superior to the English simply because most English dubs at that time had zero effort put into them, and many didn't even hire professional actors. Even in the case of really sucky Japanese dubs from the era, you're still probably going to get better results using people who do these things for a living than from a bunch of randoms you pick up off the street. So I somewhat sympathised with the "Japanese is always better for Japanese stuff" argument in those days - back then, it was almost a given that it would be. Nowadays, though, stuff like anime and Japanese videogames is well respected and liked enough in the west that you have a pretty committed core of English language voice actors dubbing it, so I honestly don't think there's really much of a gap in quality in most cases anymore. Some of it sucks and some of it is good, just like the Japanese. I'd still always tend towards watching Japanese things in Japanese simply because I love languages and always want my foreign media in its native language, but the "lol English dubs of Japanese things suck" argument really doesn't hold much weight anymore as far as I've seen. The only people I hear arguing it anymore are those who don't speak much Japanese and have no point of reference.
    Last edited by Elin; 12th-July-2015 at 09:54.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Yeah, the AI isn't the best But besides that they're fun games.
    Indeed. I'll be playing more today.

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    Ah yeah, right enough! Forgot it was rereleased for the PSP. That looks like a good collection you're building already. :3 Plenty of titles I don't know, so will do some Googling and see if there's anything I wanna try~

Last Blade 2 is greatest SNK fighting game. <3
    I think it's all of them on that UMD but I could be wrong. But that's $40 instead of $200+ if that's the case. I'm guessing you are emulating anyway though, which is a very reasonable thing to do with this system. I'm just crazy.

Good tastes, you have. Definitely one of my favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    Have actually still never played Alundra! Had the PAL version back in the day which (to the best of my knowledge) was based on WD's version, but was kind of going through a down period when I wasn't doing much gaming, so never got around to trying it. Have to dig it out one of these days.

Yeah, I think we spoke about that before. Because dubbing in Japan worked out so well for Shenmue, right? Now if you'll excuse me, there are some sailors I have to find...
    Alundra is one of those games where I would always get a decent bit in and then go to something else and end up not finishing it, forgetting where I was and then restarting as a result. I finally did beat it not that long ago.

Yeah the Shenmue dub........ Not too many cases where I prefer playing something not in English but damn. I remember when I first got a European copy of the first game I was hoping it would be Japanese audio and I was sorely disappointed.