Page 251 of 267 FirstFirst ... 151201241246247248249250251252253254255256261 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 4005

Thread: The Cheat-Out: Save states are for champs.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    Q: If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?
    A: I know a few aged marathon runners. Blown knees are apparently the best.
    I know a few aged marathon runners. Blown knees are apparently the best. %))))

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I was staring really hard at your post trying to work out if there was some gag in there that I was missing. :'D
    Nope just posting from work and they apparently downgraded the app I use to do that. It crashes the second I try to open something else and it always fucks up my drafted messages if I have to shove it back in my pocket before I'm done typing my post.

Like when some guy can't work out where the clearly labeled bathroom is. Or the carts which are obviously in the porch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    I know a few marathon runners.

verified by 6 best blown knees.

Thanks
    EP Points

im fiends with a few dargonballz characters borly is apparently the best.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't get it only being a car guy, but 2nd gear is where all the acceleration is in a car. SO DO EXPLAIN PLS.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=7124555031

You're not going to hear any argument from me. I think by the time of the 16-bit consoles in particular, both the artistry and the technology behind 2-D graphics had reached a kind of acceptable baseline standard where even if they would obviously cease to be stunning with the passing of time, they would rarely be rendered completely obsolete or outright ugly (there are obviously exceptions, but generally you're talking about games that were ugly to begin with). But I'm not sure 3-D games (at least realtime, fully 3-D games) really reached a similar point until the Dreamcast, so there are few fully 3-D games from before then that I feel have aged particularly gracefully. I can recognise what constitutes "good PS1 3-D graphics" versus "bad PS1 3-D graphics" having lived through the era, of course, but honestly I'm just not sure that the technology was there in the consoles at the time, and it all looks pretty ugly to me these days.

It's doubly problematic given that the problem isn't just one of technology, but of developers in that era still learning how to build and design 3-D games. By the time you got to the SNES, developers had something like 20 years of development of 2-D gaming to draw upon and learn from, so even many early titles played pretty well. 3-D games, though, were pretty new territory for most console developers during the early days of the PS1 era, and I'm not sure there was even really a firm idea in place of what typical genres should play like in 3-D. So a lot of it was probably the same sort of trial and error that marked the early days of 2-D gaming, and while there was the odd game that got things right, I think a huge chunk of 3-D games from that era are almost unplayably dated even if you look past graphics. It's telling that a lot of the 3-D titles that people still play from that era are RPGs, as it was probably the genre that suffered least from the growing pains that marked the switch from 2-D to 3-D. I really loved that era of gaming, and I can say without doubt that it was easily the most exciting to me personally, but there's a huge swathe of games from it which, though I remember them fondly, I can safely say I'll never, ever revisit. ._.
    Yeah I grew up on bad 3D. As a kid at the time it seemed amazing. You are right about the gameplay aspects. It took until the DC/PS2/Xbox to start seeing good/fun 3D games in genres other than rpg since genres were changing and it took time and testing to figure out. I'll give Nintendo that the N64 had some fun games on it for the most part (a testament to their understanding of gaming) but they are even hard to go back to now as well. The breaking point for me is Dreamcast. I can still pick up and play JSR, Crazy Taxi etc...w/o issue. And while Shenmue is extremely dated now as a sandbox game at least it's not broken (there are quite a few essentially unplayable 3D messes on PS1/Saturn).

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

im fiends with a few dargonballz characters borly is apparently the best.
    There's a new DragonBall anime.

I bet borly would love to see it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Also, my eyes are shitty as is and playing early 3D puts a strain on them. I am revisiting Legend of Dragoon but I have to play it in small bursts because of my eyes.

Thanks
    EP Points

I shall watch their new car show via XBMC. Or Kodi as it's now called.

And "Top Gear" can now rot in hell with Chris Evans presenting it. He's a clown.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Phineas Squiggletail, Esq View Post
    Also, my eyes are shitty as is and playing early 3D puts a strain on them. I am revisiting Legend of Dragoon but I have to play it in small bursts because of my eyes.
    Must be those rose tinted glasses. They don't help your vision half as much as you'd think.

So you're like literally allergic to new gaming.

Well now I just feel like an ass.

Warrior's still shit though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I shall watch their new car show via XBMC. Or Kodi as it's now called.

And "Top Gear" can now rot in hell with Chris Evans presenting it. He's a clown.
    Top Gear is slowly turning into Twisted Metal?

I might actually start watching.

Thanks
    EP Points

Arthritis is my favourite JRPG.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post

Pretty much, have to start dubbing Evans "Sweet Tooth"

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Must be those rose tinted glasses. They don't help your vision half as much as you'd think.

So you're like literally allergic to new gaming.

Well now I just feel like an ass.

Warrior's still shit though.
    Lol'd.

I have no issues with most PS2 games for long periods but some of the earlier stuff can be sketchy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Phineas Squiggletail, Esq View Post
    Haha, I remember actually laughing at how bad the graphics for Legend of Dragoon were when I played it for the first time a couple of years ago. Seriously can't believe something like that was ever considered good. :'D Though I wound up abandoning the game near the start of the fourth disc for other reasons anyway. Still regret it a little given how far I was and how much I was liking the vibe it had (it was essentially Sony attempting to make a Final Fantasy game in the style of that era, so it was a big nostalgia rush, and felt like playing a big budget PS1 Square game that I had missed~ ), but it's one of the most poorly balanced games I've ever played in its Japanese incarnation. Most of the game is exactly the same except that everything has hugely inflated HP totals over the English version. And since it's a slow battle system as is, random encounters drag on and on, and bosses in the second half of the game can take well over an hour to finish. Which would be fine if they were actually more challenging and you were even at risk of a game over, but generally speaking they're not, and you're not. So it's just turn after turn of slowly chipping away HP totals that are set waaaaaaay too high. And god help you if you mess up and get a game over. :'D

By the time I reached the fourth disc, my game timer was around 62 hours, and I had pretty much proceeded in a straight line through the game without any levelling. Just didn't seem worth it eventually. ._. I've seen people online complaining that the US version "dumbed down" the difficulty for a US audience, but I don't think most of them actually played it in Japanese, as those HP totals made the second half of the game, in particular, painfully unfun and slow as molasses. Suffice to say there's a reason that it isn't remembered as fondly over there as it is in the west.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

SEE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE HAVING THIS PROBLEM.

Also for a moment I was thinking Evans had something to do with this. Then I realized it's not our Evans and I had a moderate level of sad.

Haha, I remember actually laughing at how bad the graphics for Legend of Dragoon were when I played it for the first time a couple of years ago. Seriously can't believe something like that was ever considered good. :'D Though I wound up abandoning the game near the start of the fourth disc for other reasons anyway. Still regret it a little given how far I was and how much I was liking the vibe it had (it was essentially Sony attempting to make a Final Fantasy game in the style of that era, so it was a big nostalgia rush, and felt like playing a big budget PS1 Square game that I had missed~ ), but it's one of the most poorly balanced games I've ever played in its Japanese incarnation. Most of the game is exactly the same except that everything has hugely inflated HP totals over the English version. And since it's a slow battle system as is, random encounters drag on and on, and bosses in the second half of the game can take well over an hour to finish. Which would be fine if they were actually more challenging and you were even at risk of a game over, but generally speaking they're not, and you're not. So it's just turn after turn of slowly chipping away HP totals that are set waaaaaaay too high. And god help you if you mess up and get a game over. :'D

By the time I reached the fourth disc, my game timer was around 62 hours, and I had pretty much proceeded in a straight line through the game without any levelling. Just didn't seem worth it eventually. ._. I've seen people online complaining that the US version "dumbed down" the difficulty for a US audience, but I don't think most of them actually played it in Japanese, as those HP totals made the second half of the game, in particular, painfully unfun and slow as molasses. Suffice to say there's a reason that it isn't remembered as fondly over there as it is in the west.
    Playing NTSC-U Lo

Get that reusable attack all item in disc 3
    Battle starts
    Use item
    Battle ends
    Win game

Although that does explain a bit. Some bosses would drop dead before you had a chance to see all the dialogue or properly finish the scripted fight (the final boss comes to mind).