Page 250 of 267 FirstFirst ... 150200240245246247248249250251252253254255260 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 4005

Thread: The Cheat-Out: Save states are for champs.

Thanks
    EP Points

Dammit. I can hear the fireworks in the distance. Completely forgot about it tonight

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    But <3 Journey~!
    Of course <3 Journey. But it was a shorter game and budget priced accordingly. Which is great. 20 years ago however it would have went for full retail. Which is higher than current full retail because inflation is a thing.

Furthermore Fer TV is a reason to like journey
    Too bad the PS4 isn't free if you already bought the PS3.
    Demand one as part of your leave package. Gotta do something while the little one sleeps. Like listen to ivolt gripe about things.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    Oh yeah, every day almost. But marathons I decided were just too much strain on the joints. I limit my long distance running under a half marathon, it keeps me sane.
    I know a few aged marathon runners. Blown knees are apparently the best.
    But <3 Journey~!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    Oh yeah, every day almost. But marathons I decided were just too much strain on the joints. I limit my long distance running under a half marathon, it keeps me sane.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

penis

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Sometimes Zorlon makes absolutely no sense

Thanks
    EP Points

I miss Fer TV. ;__;

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Thoughts, Grouch?
    I don't get it only being a car guy, but 2nd gear is where all the acceleration is in a car. SO DO EXPLAIN PLS.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    bouncin bewbs
    Knew that was coming.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    Always had a soft spot for this game. Beat it after many months of trying. Always got my ass kicked on stage 3. I got to a point where if I was losing too much health by the time I got to the waterfall boss I restarted. Found out years later in the indoor sections there were bits you could regain health. Could beat the game every time after that
    Woah, I had no idea about that either. Never managed to beat it for the same reason, as it's hard as nails if you don't know how to restore health.

Have a bit of a soft spot for it too. To be honest I thought it was like the worst game I had ever played as a kid, but that simplicity and goofiness made it fun and appealing to me in its own way, and it's too nostalgic these days for me to view it with anything but fondness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Phineas Squiggletail, Esq View Post
    Low polygon count 3-D is really painful to look at now. I prefer 8-bit to 3-D heavy PS1/Saturn games. 2D is great on the Saturn and pre-rendered stuff is solid on the PS1.
    You're not going to hear any argument from me. I think by the time of the 16-bit consoles in particular, both the artistry and the technology behind 2-D graphics had reached a kind of acceptable baseline standard where even if they would obviously cease to be stunning with the passing of time, they would rarely be rendered completely obsolete or outright ugly (there are obviously exceptions, but generally you're talking about games that were ugly to begin with). But I'm not sure 3-D games (at least realtime, fully 3-D games) really reached a similar point until the Dreamcast, so there are few fully 3-D games from before then that I feel have aged particularly gracefully. I can recognise what constitutes "good PS1 3-D graphics" versus "bad PS1 3-D graphics" having lived through the era, of course, but honestly I'm just not sure that the technology was there in the consoles at the time, and it all looks pretty ugly to me these days.

It's doubly problematic given that the problem isn't just one of technology, but of developers in that era still learning how to build and design 3-D games. By the time you got to the SNES, developers had something like 20 years of development of 2-D gaming to draw upon and learn from, so even many early titles played pretty well. 3-D games, though, were pretty new territory for most console developers during the early days of the PS1 era, and I'm not sure there was even really a firm idea in place of what typical genres should play like in 3-D. So a lot of it was probably the same sort of trial and error that marked the early days of 2-D gaming, and while there was the odd game that got things right, I think a huge chunk of 3-D games from that era are almost unplayably dated even if you look past graphics. It's telling that a lot of the 3-D titles that people still play from that era are RPGs, as it was probably the genre that suffered least from the growing pains that marked the switch from 2-D to 3-D. I really loved that era of gaming, and I can say without doubt that it was easily the most exciting to me personally, but there's a huge swathe of games from it which, though I remember them fondly, I can safely say I'll never, ever revisit. ._.
    Last edited by Elin; 30th-July-2015 at 10:56.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Get hired in Sony's marketing dept. before PS5 is out, pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    Of course <3 Journey. But it was a shorter game and budget priced accordingly. Which is great. 20 years ago however it would have went for full retail. Which is higher than current full retail because inflation is a thing.

Furthermore Fer TV is a reason to like journey

Demand one as part of your leave package. Gotta do something while the little one sleeps. Like listen to ivolt gripe about things.

BEST POST EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Sometimes Zorlon makes absolutely no sense
    Totally understandable is you knew what he is doing this weekend

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Get hired in Sony's marketing dept. before PS5 is out, pls.

BEST POST EVER.

Totally understandable is you knew what he is doing this weekend
    New Skype and new tapa talk are awful. This phone is not cooperating. on the other hand it has made cataloging my bitches super easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    New Skype and new tapa talk are awful. This phone is not cooperating. on the other hand it has made cataloging my bitches super easy.
    I was staring really hard at your post trying to work out if there was some gag in there that I was missing. :'D

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    I don't get it only being a car guy, but 2nd gear is where all the acceleration is in a car. SO DO EXPLAIN PLS.
    2nd gear requires a firm shift, because you have to pass neutral...first gear is all the way down, then neutral, then 2nd, 3rd, etc. Acting the fool will always get you a accidental hit of neutral instead of 2nd, and you miss it. Hilarity ensues.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    I was staring really hard at your post trying to work out if there was some gag in there that I was missing. :'D

(I thought it was hilarious, that reply is universal! )

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    2nd gear requires a firm shift, because you have to pass neutral...first gear is all the way down, then neutral, then 2nd, 3rd, etc. Acting the fool will always get you a accidental hit of neutral instead of 2nd, and you miss it. Hilarity ensues.
    No idea.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post

(I thought it was hilarious, that reply is universal! )
    Q: If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?
    A: I know a few aged marathon runners. Blown knees are apparently the best.