Thread: Can someone please help with my rom question?

mva5580 Guest

Question Can someone please help with my rom question?

Hello all, a quick question. I have downloaded roms from a site, and here's my question. I had to download the rom in 7 different parts, in .rar archives. When I extract the .rar, it seems that all the 7 parts are the same. Is there something I need to do here to get the rom to work properly? Because if I just extract part 1, and try it, the game seems to work. But do I need to do something else? Anyone that could answer this for me, I would really appreciate it!

DarkScarab Guest

If there in rar format all you have to do is make sure they are in the same folder for starters. Then use Winrar to extract them, which I assume you did. They should all extract into one file with Winrar. But, check the file sizes to make sure.

mva5580 Guest

Dark>>>> Thanks very much for answering! Ok, I will use Mario Golf as an example. It has 5 parts to download, all in .rar format. I download all 5 parts to a "MarioGolf" directory. When they are all done, I double click on part01, opening winrar to extract it. Winrar gives me the directory mariogolf/part01/ to extract it to, and then does the same thing for the other 4 parts, giving new directories for each part. How then do I go about extracting them? Because it seems like when I try to extract all parts to a different directory, it doesn't work. I guess what I don't get is how all of these parts are combined. I hope I'm writing enough for you to be able to help me, I will answer back if you need any more clarification. Thanks again!

MolsenMI Guest

I would assume that you did it correctly. If all the files are in the same folder, you only have to tell winrar to extract one of the files. It will automatically extract the others and put them together.

mva5580 Guest

So MarioGolf parts 1-5 are all in one directory. You're saying if I double click on MarioGolf1, winrar will automatically combine them all, and I only need to extract that first file that I double clicked?

DarkScarab Guest

Yes, it should extract them all into one file. What is the file size of the extracted file?

mva5580 Guest

The extracted Mario Golf v64 file is roughly 32.7 MB

DarkScarab Guest

It sounds like you did it right. If it plays in the emulator, it should be OK.

mva5580 Guest

Thanks for the help guys, it was definitely worth it! It is soooooooooooooooooo cool playing N64 games on the PC! I have No Mercy, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Perfect Dark, and Mario Party 3 and they all seem to work great! It's a beautiful thing

n_m Guest

he got the sweet taste of emulation.....:wink:

mva5580 Guest

(in a duffman voice)

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!