Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendont Customize D pad as Control Stick

Thanks
    EP Points

Question Nintendont Customize D pad as Control Stick

I've been messing with Nintendon't to attempt to change my Ps3's D-Pad to act as the Control Stick on Gamecube and then the Analog Sticks as the D Pad.

I'm using HID Test and I can't seem to definitely figure out what the Analog Sticks represent.

This is the original untouched config:

[Dual Shock]
    VID=054C
    PID=0268
    Polltype=0
    DPAD=0
    DigitalLR=2
    Power=2,01
    A=3,80
    B=3,40
    X=3,20
    Y=3,10
    Z=3,08
    L=12,F0
    R=13,F0
    S=2,08
    Left=2,80
    Down=2,40
    Right=2,20
    Up=2,10
    StickX=6
    StickY=7
    CStickX=8
    CStickY=9
    LAnalog=12
    RAnalog=13

This corresponds to:

Cross=B
    Square=A
    Triangle=Y
    Circle=X
    L1=Nothing
    L2=L
    R1=Z
    R2=R

I modified Cross to be A and Square to be B like so:

A=3,40
    B=3,80

So now I'm at the part where I want to switch the D pad controls to the Sticks.

I already know the following:

Up is 10
    Down is 40
    Right is 20
    Left is 80

But the sticks are a mystery to me. Everytime I use them in HID Test the values keep changing. This could be because my left stick is "sticky" where it moves on its own without you touching it not like Jelly sticky.

Anyways if anyone knows how to assist me I'd extremely appreciate it cuzz a sticky analog doesn't make F Zero GX any easier.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Left stick =
    StickX=6 (up and down)
    StickY=7 (left and right)

Yellow Right stick =
    CStickX=8 (up and down)
    CStickY=9 (left and right)

Note I may of got left/right and up/down mixed up but you get the idea
    analog uses various grades of each in minus and plus but for this it is only setup as X and Y rather than -X and +X then -Y and +Y for all 4 basic directions

DPAD uses different controls as in configs all 4 directions analog does not so the D-Pad can't be switched with analog

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Left stick =
    StickX=6 (up and down)
    StickY=7 (left and right)

Yellow Right stick =
    CStickX=8 (up and down)
    CStickY=9 (left and right)

Note I may of got left/right and up/down mixed up but you get the idea
    analog uses various grades of each in minus and plus but for this it is only setup as X and Y rather than -X and +X then -Y and +Y for all 4 basic directions

DPAD uses different controls as in configs all 4 directions analog does not so the D-Pad can't be switched with analog
    So there's no way to around huh. I did manage to switch the analog to the D Pad successfully although I only used Wind Waker to test not much D pad ya know.

The D Pad being analog was semi-functional where Link would constantly go Left but if you held down Left he'd stop and if you manage to hold Left and Down or Up he'd move that way when configged correctly leading me to believe it is possible.

Are you sure there's no way to have complete control of the Control Stick with the D Pad?
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not if left/right is just one setup as in x axis

If you can set x axis plus and minus then yes

though analog would be stop and go rather than stop go a little go alot and whatever else there is in between

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Not if left/right is just one setup as in x axis

If you can set x axis plus and minus then yes

though analog would be stop and go rather than stop go a little go alot and whatever else there is in between
    Well I dunno if I can set X+ X- Y+ Y- because in HIDTest at the bottom it shows all the possible inputs and I never saw those unless there named something else than I'll try it out sometime.

I'd just add these values in the INI like this:

StickX-=
    StickX+=
    StickY-=
    StickY+=

Yes or no?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Only one way to find out

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Only one way to find out
    That was the best response ever! GG Zorlon XD.

I'm a gonna test it in 1 hour.

Off topic but is there such a thing as increasing the number of USB slots for the Wii?

I have my 1TB HDD hooked up for the games and a Ps3 controller so that leaves no room for more unless such a device exists.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Never tried it but you can get external USB hubs (You would need one with external power though)

I have a 2TB drive in my Wii also, played a little with the Wii using a PS2 pad via a USB converter, but thought that was silly considering I have 4 GC pads anyway and a PS2/PSX to GC converter that was with Nintendont as it happens, that and I do have the 1st version of the Wii with all the GC ports for both memcards and pads

I could potentially use more than what is provided USB wise I have other USB devices like the mic for my Wii though not sure if it has any use now anyway, not even sure what I got that with now, several USB pads or converters to be exact as I never did like PC pads as most of them are bad console clones, saying that I have had the odd good pad back in the day just for PC
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-June-2015 at 14:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Never tried it but you can get external USB hubs (You would need one with external power though)

I have a 2TB drive in my Wii also, played a little with the Wii using a PS2 pad via a USB converter, but thought that was silly considering I have 4 GC pads anyway and a PS2/PSX to GC converter that was with Nintendont as it happens, that and I do have the 1st version of the Wii with all the GC ports for both memcards and pads
    I also have a CubeWii but my Cube controllers ATM all have Control Stick issues the very same issue this PS3 controller I'm using is having.

What do you mean by external power btw?

Lastly your idea didn't work at all. Placing these values in the INI then turning on the game such as Wind Waker Link will endlessly move left and moving the D pad or Analogs do nothing.

Can't say we didn't try. I'll just use my Classic Controller when I play a Stick heavy game and Ps3 for anything else. I mainly wanted to try this cuzz I'm not a fan of wasting batteries for my Wii gear.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

cheap USB hubs that take the power directly from USB will never work with the Wii

Good USB hubs use external power directly from your house power. i.e. it has a wall power plug on it

Strip the pads give them a simple clean and put them back together again

They are not like old pads that wore down inside grinding the plastic, but they can still break I guess, but most the time it's the buttons that break because the rubbery plastics under the actual buttons tears
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-June-2015 at 14:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

cheap USB hubs that take the power directly from USB will never work with the Wii

Good USB hubs use external power directly from your house power. i.e. it has a wall power plug on it
    Allright so I look for one with a wall plug then that's useful cuzz I'm finding really cheap one's and I would have went away with spending for it.

Also my memory serves me right when it needs to be USB 2.0 right? Or does it not matter?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

at least USB 2.0 the difference between USB 1.0 and 2.0 is too great to ignore that

Yeah USB 2.0 is the preferred target, under it would lag reading anything through it, over... not so sure that matters so much saying that USB 3.0 may couse problems of it's own, I know that some have used USB 3.0 HDD's though with the Wii, but the Wii USB ports are USB 2.0 and nothing can make those run faster

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

at least USB 2.0 the difference between USB 1.0 and 2.0 is too great to ignore that

Yeah USB 2.0 is the preferred target, under it would lag reading anything through it, over... not so sure that matters so much saying that USB 3.0 may couse problems of it's own, I know that some have used USB 3.0 HDD's though with the Wii, but the Wii USB ports are USB 2.0 and nothing can make those run faster
    Then if you don't mind could you take a look at this one I found: http://www.dx.com/p/ty-07-480mbps-10...w#.VYV-HflViko

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Looks good to me

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Looks good to me
    Cool i'm actually good at research weee! Your the man Zorlon like always .