Thread: Tapper - won't load

Thanks

Unhappy Tapper - won't load

Hello - first time post, so if I've done anything wrong, please let me know.
    I'm running MAME64 0.162 on my PC. I've downloaded several ROMs, some loaded without issue, some required MAME 0.133 BIOS Pack, and I had problems with Galaga but then found a post on here that had the fix, and it worked after I downloaded namco51 & namco54.
    I looked for a similar post for Tapper but I could not find one.
    MAME only reports that "The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images" - it does not tell me what is missing.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    -Fubster

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

MAME 0.133 BIOS Pack was never required it is out of date and will have issues with the current files in it with some of those being updated since it's release, but you can still get those individual bios zip's from our selection anyway

if you have a gui version of MAME and you use the audit option it will tell you what is missing and what folder it looks in (folders = zip files, it is just the way it does that)

I did have a quick look at the rom hosted here and it looks like all the needed files are inside the zip file though as they should be...

the tapper.zip file should just go inside the roms folder as I am sure you already know

It is possible you are selecting one of the sub roms instead of the master rom that is set 1 if you are you will need both tapper.zip and whatever the rom is for the version of the game you want to play e.g. set 2 is tappera.zip

tapper does not require any extra files unless you are playing one of the alt versions to the master rom
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-June-2015 at 10:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for the reply Zorlon! No joy yet.
    For the record I did delete all the ROMs from MAME 0.133 BIOS Pack and all my other games played fine
    I'm definitely not selecting a sub rom, the only tapper I've downloaded is tapper.zip, the one from the link in my first post.
    I noticed a link on that page for "The highest rated Windows emulator for this game" and downloaded MAME 0.147 (64-bit), then only put the tapper.zip in the roms folder, nothing else.
    I did find the MAME64 -verify option (is that what you meant by "audit"?) and got this result:
    mac2bios : macs2os_l.bin (524288 bytes) - NOT FOUND - NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN
    mac2bios : macs2os_h.bin (524288 bytes) - NOT FOUND - NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN
    romset mac2bios is best available
    romset pongf is best available
    tapper : 82s123.12d (32 bytes) - NOT FOUND (midssio)
    romset tapper is bad
    h63484 : h63484.bin (256 bytes) - NOT FOUND - NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN
    romset h63484 is best available
    mb90082 : mb90082_char.bin (2048 bytes) - NOT FOUND - NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN
    romset mb90082 is best available
    So if I understand, this is reporting I am missing the 82s123.12d file? Where do I get that file and where do I put it? Is there another ROM I should have with that file?
    Thanks again for your help in this matter!

Thanks

JOY! I figured it out.
    The "(midssio)" was telling me what ROM the missing file should be in (or where it expected to find it).
    I found midssio added it to my roms folder and Bingo!
    Thanks for your help, Zorlon, you gave me the info I needed to find the fix for my problem!

-Fubster

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

midssio.zip was it it was the only rom set that was just NOT FOUND without the sub description NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN that would of meant it does not exist in a usable form

and yeah for the option I just use a GUI version of mame that can do the same from an option actually called audit, instead of listing a folder it lists the rom zip in brackets by the looks of it

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR